Took some more photo's today. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Took some more photo's today.

Princess again. She's eye ballin the rott and doesnt look to happy.

Snubs got an unwelcome peck from one of my dominicker hens and you can see what he thinks of that. She didnt mean anything by it.

Moses and Rayne. Rayne was born on June 5th, her mother died exactly two weeks later. Me, my wife, and our daughters all bottle fed her for about 2.5 weeks till we could wean her. She's a full blood rott. Maybe a little undersized from not being breast fed like normal. But she is a sweet heart. She was so loaded with flea's when we got her my wife gave her a bath when we got home in dawn dish soap (stuff is great on small animals). They where the biggest, fattest flea's you ever saw. I was mad when I picked her up and saw the condition she was in. Out of a litter of 7 only Rayne and Thor (my mom/stepdads pup) survived. They got him abaout a week or so after we got Rayne and she was much bigger than him (before he was bigger, but I think her having proper care sooner helped her pass him in size, for now) . He was in just as bad of shape, actualy worse. But both are happy and healthy now. I got Rayne for a guard dog, the wife didnt want her at first. But after she saw the shape she was in she was glad I went and had my stepdad pick her up for us. He would of had his sooner but his and my mom's work schedule kept them from taking care of him sooner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Premier Cat

I love Rotties. I had a lab/rot mix who was the biggest sweetheart. I love the kitties!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Premier Cat

Love the pupper. My best dog EVER was a rottie, lost at her 9 years to cancer. I miss her still every single day. I think of her still every single day!

Good for you for getting her out of a bad situation it sounds! Poor thing!! She'll be eternally thankful to you and will show you in time by her loyalty.

I have a rottie mix now, she's sweetie too. Loves the kitteis! I noticed you mentioned her being a guard dog. I hope you will treat her as family and keep her in the house most of the time. Make sure she becomes a big lover in your family and not one of the stereo typical stories you hear that are almost always due to they way they are brought up and/or bad breeding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Lovely pics! Rayne's gorgeous, but then I love rotties!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

3 out of my 4 dogs are usualy inside. the 4th, Ginger, is a treeing feist who doesnt like being inside except in bad weather. She's funny like that, but when she does come in she stays in my laundry room, right bye the back door. Rayne is sweet and socialized with other people. But will bark at people/things that seem out of place. Bye guard dog I mean something big to scare an honest theif/tresspasser. I work till 9pm and dont get home till around 9:30-10pm. My wife and 2 daughters are home alone so I wanted something here with them, raised with them. If where not home she's in the back, with a privacy fence. Where also about 13 miles from town and the neghbors are far between wich helped with the decision to get Rayne. Plus the smartest dogs ive ever seen where a Rott and Rott/dobie mix. Also the mother and father where HUGE but where very sweet (or i wouldnt of got her) and the sire/dam owner had small children as well. I know what you mean about the sterotypical mean rott. I belive most of those are, like you say, bad breeding (not breeding for temperment). Or left on a log chain and neglected. Im an animal lover. Ive got 4 dogs 4 cats and 10 chickens And I even had a pet catfish The two dachsunds and the rottie almost always sleep with one of us. Ill get some photo's of the other 3 later, with the cats of course I think I even have a not so flattering picture of me bottle feeding Rayne while I was in bed. Geez, I talk alot.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Banned

Cute kitties and puppy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page