New Camera! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

New Camera!

Finally got my hands on a digital SLR, so I made a little outdoor (porch) excursion with Harley and Jax. I thought I'd post a few of each.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 02:37 PM
Premier Cat

They both have stunning eyes! And that pouncing tiger pic is great!
They're all great pictures.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

What great pictures! Beautiful eyes, lovely eyes.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Cat Addict

great pictures! They are both beautiful kittys!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Banned

Great shots and pretty kitties
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 05:43 AM
Cat

Very good attempts for your first days with the D40x! The first two are a bit blurred but the rest are very nice and crisp.

Always focus on the eyes (for people as well as cats!) as you seem to have done, as they have plenty of light/dark contrast and that helps the autofocus system to lock on to how far away the subject is.

In the first one though I think the autofocus has locked on the little grass stalk and leaves as they are perfectly in focus.

Welcome to the Nikon family!

Alex (D200 owner).

Alex
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Premier Cat

Oh man all this camera talk and Im tempted to get a
Nikon D40X. My nephew and niece in law used the D40X
last christmas and it took FABULOUS photos.

These are great kitty photos. The detail shines.

I love Nikon!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 12:06 AM
Premier Cat

WOW! Those are fantastic!!! I can't believe how beautiful Harley has turned out to be.

Two questions...would you mind if I snagged one or two of these for my website? The ones you sent me were lost in emails I never did get back after I sent my laptop in for repair for the 3rd time.

And, my boyfriend has been talking about getting me a digital SLR for christmas, do you happen to recall what kind of camera you were using? Those pics are stunning.

Mahlee says, Harley is now stealing her limelight. She's not longer the only big, bright, blue eyed avatar.

Edit:
Just read the comments, is it in fact the D40X?
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
WOW! Those are fantastic!!! I can't believe how beautiful Harley has turned out to be.

Two questions...would you mind if I snagged one or two of these for my website? The ones you sent me were lost in emails I never did get back after I sent my laptop in for repair for the 3rd time.

And, my boyfriend has been talking about getting me a digital SLR for christmas, do you happen to recall what kind of camera you were using? Those pics are stunning.

Mahlee says, Harley is now stealing her limelight. She's not longer the only big, bright, blue eyed avatar.

Edit:
Just read the comments, is it in fact the D40X?
Thank you very much! He's still light on the lower body, but his face is so much darker than when he was a baby.

You can use any of the pictures you'd like - and I think I have all the old ones in my gallery as well - although, those can't beat this camera for quality.

It is indeed a D40X, and I absolutely love it. It's very easy to use and the colors are really vibrant. I pretty much take it everywhere with me now. It's one of the best purchases I've made in a long time.

Mahlee still has plenty of limelight, and she was the original! Also, I think we need to see some updated pics of your gang!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-21-2007, 08:11 PM

Wow, those pics are gorgeous! A really good camera really makes a world of difference in terms of color vibrance, crispness and detail... congrats!!

I especially love the one of Harley trying to snatch a blade of grass... the expression on his face is priceless. The shape of his face is very unique too - they are both completely adorable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page