Four kitties + two carriers = housing shortage - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Four kitties + two carriers = housing shortage

I took all the kitties to get their nails clipped today. I didn't make the appointment until late yesterday and realized this morning that I really need to get another cat carrier. (Okay, pretty soon, I'll need two more.) I split the kittens up for the first time, and they were really good. Even Cinderella didn't yowl the entire time like she usually does. Just two little complaints, that's it. But Cleo was not happy. She was very good, but I think the look on her face says it all.

Cali and Cinderella

Cleo and Charlee

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Cat Addict

Re: Four kitties + two carriers = housing shortage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
I think the look on her face says it all.
Hahaha... she looks so long-suffering!

- It's bad enough that I have to be locked in this box, but being squished in with a stinker too... what is this world coming to?!

"It is never too late to be what we might have been."
- George Eliot -
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Premier Cat

It may make it easier if you get the next size up, like for a small dog and then just get two of them. This way you can always double up and atleast you can carry them both at the same time. Seeing how you only have 2 arms, carrying 4 cat carriers will be difficult...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Premier Cat

I don't recommend doubling up cats in carriers.

When we moved from CA to WA state, I bought seven carriers, one for each cat. I was told that sometimes, two cats who normally get along very well, can get stressed and if they are in a carrier together, unable to make space between them, there can be a terrible fight.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:32 PM
Tom Cat

Poor Cleo! "WHY am I in here?!"

At our house Maui could care less about a ride in the car, it's big brother Kringle who cries the whole time. And then Maui will throw in a couple cries just because.

Edit: Typo
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Aw! Poor, poor Cleo!

I just can't get over how big the kittens have grown!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

It's about a 5 minute drive, Heidi, so I figured they'd survive.

There's more room than it appears. I took the picture when we got home and they were waiting to get out.

I'll probably get one more big one. They're always selling dog-sized carriers really cheap on Craigslist.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

I always thought Mister could ride with his brother or sister, because the Trio always got along so well together...but in a cat carrier, Mister was a terror. Growling, hissing, spitting and just in general, he had is "fight" on. He had an injury to his eye that required repeated weekly trips to the vet for monitoring and I finally stopped using the carrier as it was stressful for him and dangerous for me (teeth/claws) and we used a harness and leash. He did great riding loose in the 'vette, though it is something (loose in vehicles) I do NOT recommend. Like you, our vet is less than 3 miles from our home so it was a short ride; 1mi country road, 1mi hwy and 1mi in town.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Cleo had never been in a carrier until I got her. She loves the car, but I just couldn't take the chance of letting her loose. I wouldn't want her to get over to my side and get around the gas/brake pedals.

This was just a one-time thing. I'll be getting another carrier right away.

I was taking the big girls to get their nails clipped and figured for $12 more, why not take the kitties.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Tom Cat

I have two cats and one carrier, the same size as the ones in the pictures. I typically let Gabby sit on passenger seat next to me and she is really good. Lily on the other hand always rides in the carrier because she gets so nervous in the car and usually throws up. On one car ride Lily was upset that I decided to put Gabby in there with her. It was amazing how fast Lily relaxed. I had two 9lb cats in one med/small carrier and they loved it. Lily curled right up against Gabby and went to sleep! (Gabby and Lily don't ever sleep together) That was the first car ride that she didn't throw up! From now on they stay together on everytrip. Lily won't have it any other way.

Katie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page