Dexter, my darling Devon... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Dexter, my darling Devon...

This is my furbaby - a little gift from my wonderful mum as a companion as I'm so far away.

Dexter is about 4 and a half months old. I got him after my Siberian Husky passed away at 10 months old. I couldn't bare to get another dog as it was too painful and I really wanted an indoor companion. I also wanted to go to a respected breeder and get a kitten that would be healthy, unlike Pepper who had to be put to sleep due to a congenital condition.

Dexter is a very active kitten, who loves to run and jump across great distances. He loves climbing and boy does he love his food! He also enjoys cuddles and sitting in your lap watching t.v. He's a very loving and affectionate boy and I couldn't imagine life without him!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

He looks pretty smart - you may have to watch this little guy closely!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Banned

Lovely baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:46 AM

A real beauty! the second photo is a hoot-I love his little paws on what ever that is
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 03:41 AM
Premier Cat

He looks like he would be very soft and he knows how to play it up for the camera, doesn't he . Very cute.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Premier Cat

The color is outstanding. My sister has two devon rexs. They remind me alot of siamese temperment and personality! Very cute new addition. May you have a long and happy journey together!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 06:41 PM

He is BEAUTIFUL! Is he a Devon Rex? At the rescue I volunteer at we have several Rex mixes (I guess they could be purebreds, but they are from a hoarding situation, sadly..) and they are the softest, most outgoing, friendly, playful cats I've ever met. When I sat in the kitten room with them I wasn't even completely sitting down before I had one on my lap, and within a minute I had all five on me.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Yes, he is a Devon Rex. He is just to die for, isn't he!? He's incredibly outgoing and ever so affectionate. Devons are extremely people orientated and just have to be on your lap, smooching, head butting and pawing you to say hello. I've only had him a month and he's shown great concern for me when I'm unwell.

His colour is called "Cream Mink". I think it means a point with their point colour in a lighter shade over the rest of their body instead of white.

That is my mobile phone he's playing with there - he'll play with absolutely anything, but particularly loves my phone. He'll paw it if it's in my bag as if to say "please let me play with this!"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 01:51 AM
Cat Addict

Welcome and congrats! What a handsome boy he is!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page