Welcome to your new home, Orlando - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Welcome to your new home, Orlando

Today we went to a rescue home called Carolines Kids and found a new kitty friend. His name is Orlando, he may be about 10 years old but the vet tech there said his teeth look like he is younger then that. They said that he is part fire point siamese. He is also FeLV+. The woman who owned him passed away and her husband brought all of her 17 cats to the rescue. They were all kept outside, and many of them were positive. Since we already have a FeLV+ I thought it wouldn't hurt to add another.
Orlando is a real sweetheart. He purrs if you touch him and loves head butts. He is getting along very well with the other cats already. Two of them hiss at him but he just ignores them. The other three are acting as if he has always been a part of the family.
Here are some pictures. I hope I do this right becuase I still don't know what "thumbnails" are.

This is a picture of Orlando exploring his new home.

And this one is of the two jealous ones watching him.

And finally he rests from all that exploring.

This is my son Tim who just got home from work and was taking time to bond with the new kitty.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Cool Cat

Awww, welcome home, Orlando! Welcome home
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, Orlando looks and sounds like a sweetie. Thank you for taking in an older kitty.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Premier Cat

so we can see your handsome new man better! He has a tipped ear. Did a TNR group save him? Very pretty guy. Love the flame point coloring.

Your two handsome guys!

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Cool Cat

Much easier to see, thanks M&T!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Orlando is adorable. I think it's wonderful that you adopted an older kitty and one that's FeLV+.

He looks so regal and dignified.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts & Tess
so we can see your handsome new man better! He has a tipped ear. Did a TNR group save him?
Merry,
Thank you for fixing my pictures. I would love to learn how you do that.

The rescue group told me that a lady owned him who only kept him outside. I guess she had some kind of "shop" that gave he and her 16 others some kind of shelter. Orlando was her favorite. He may end up being my favorite also, he is such a lover! They seemed to think his ear got ripped in a fight. He also has a stiff back right leg.
He was a favorite in this rescue home also. The volunteers were all crying when he left. Me too.

Sue

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 07:30 AM
Premier Cat

You must be pretty special if they were willing to let Orlando come home with you!

How is he doing today?

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Orlando is still doing quite well. He slept most of the night in our bed, and when he wasn't with us he walked around chatting to himself. I have heard siamese are very vocal? I have never had one with siamese blood before.
I have noticed he has a stiff right leg and will ask the vet about it when I take him. They open at 8:00 tomorrow and I will get him an appointment first thing. He has stopped exploring so much and has started playing. He likes to play with Charlie and Buzz - at this point they just jump on each other and chase around. Scottie and Pepper still growl but Scottie is getting better. Pepper is just a crabby girl anyway.
Yesterday he found someone elses uncoverd poo in the litter box. He must have been seriously offended because he got in and covered it up
So far I think I have gotten a gem of a kitty!

Sue

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leazie
You must be pretty special if they were willing to let Orlando come home with you!
Don't rescues usually let people take home the kittys they adopt?

Sue

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page