my cats - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
my cats

Hello, All,

My name is Laurie, and I'm new to the Cat Forum. I thought I would start to introduce you to my Pride which currently numbers fifteen. This may take a while, so I'll do a one or more each time I sit down at the computer.

I'll begin with the senior cat, Billy. Mr. Bill is a year or two either side of eighteen years old. I adopted him and his brother, Bitsy, in 1996 after their elderly owners passed away. Billy spent the first six or seven years of his life patroling his birth farm, always preferring to be outdoors keeping an eye on his territory. That didn't change when he came to live with me. He spent most of the last twelve years taking care of my farm as he had always done, but over the last couple of years he has decided to spend the majority of his time indoors instead of out. I think that decision is the result of a dominant, young tom who showed up to share and eventually take over Billy's duties as farm sentry in 2005. Billy tired of trying to fight off the stray toms and decided to retire to the relative peace of the house.

Billy is a very tough old man with a very short temper and a particular fondness for making me bend to his every whim. As committed as I typically am to being Top Cat and not allowing myself to be completely dominated by the Feline Force here at Shadowood, I must admit that I do spend an inordinate amount of time trying to keep Billy happy. How could I not? Billy has already lost one ear flap to squamous cell carcinoma, and he's currently living with both CRF and HyperT. Much of my day revolves around trying to convince Mr. Bill to eat something every few hours, as well as administering meds, supplements, and subQ fluids. Through it all, Billy has been remarkably compliant ... for Billy, anyway.

He's a grand old man, Billy is.

Laurie

Last edited by marie73; 06-13-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Billy is gorgeous! More pictures, please!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Premier Cat

Wow, what a good-looking cat he is! He's so fluffy and what a gorgeous color.

You have 15 cats??

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Cat Addict

What a grand beautiful old guy! He deserves pampering. (Don't tell him I called him beautiful)

Sue

post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via Skype™ to laurief
Yes, indeedy, fifteen felines. Most have shown up as strays, semi-ferals, and ferals over the last eight years (the most recent just about a month ago). The others were rescues or adoptees.

If you are eager to see pics of all of them and to read stories about many of them, you can check out their pages on my website (see sig below). But I will get them all introduced on this thread eventually.

I guess I'd better introduce Siliman next since he's the only one who doesn't have a page on my website yet. He's the new kid on the block (or on the farm, as the case may be). He announced his presence here by chasing one of the resident cats up the outside steps and pinning her against the door where she screamed for rescue. When I opened the door, Somer shot inside, and Siliman ran down the stairs, stopped, turned around, and just stared at me. After a minute or two of coaxing, he came back up the stairs to me and was brought inside to start the slow process of integration into my family. Of course I called in a found cat report to the local sheriff's dept, but I know from experience that no one in this area EVER cares if a cat goes missing.

So, one more young, rowdy, intact tom was whisked off to the vet for neutering and other necessary vet care. Now he's being taught appropriate manners and is trying desperately, and so far unsuccessfully, to cultivate playmates from among the rest of the Pride. Unfortunately, he's also taken a very strong and violent dislike to Footsie, the new farm sentry, who is no pushover, and to whom, I have a strong suspicion, he is blood-related.

Siliman (so named because it just fits ... Silly Man) is a very self-assured young man, not inclined to back down from anybody, and altogether too rowdy for the comfort of the other cats. He is settling some, though, and is more tolerable for the others as a result.

Siliman is physically very interesting. He has a long, lean, very slight build with EXTREMELY polydactyl feet, large ears, and a sharply angular face with eyes of a color that defies definition. Those eyes are blue-green-grey with a touch of yellow or amber in the right light. Whatever their color, they are beautifully hypnotic against his pale ginger tabby coat.

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Premier Cat

Mr. Bill sounds like a grand old man. Siliman is a striking kitty.

I can't wait for the next installments of the clan introductions!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:05 PM

Gracious!!! What a farm you have!!!! It sounds like an exciting place to live - and any given moment... with all those cats!!!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Cat Addict

Gorgeous kitties, both Bill and siliman. I've enjoying your introductions very much. I feel like I know your kitties now.

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Premier Cat

Im enjoying hearing about your kitties. Waiting on the next installment! Im glad Mr Bill felt like he could finally retire. I was surprised to see he was white. White cats dont make it long where I am. They are picked off by coyotes right away because of their color. Is that an issue where you are at?
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 PM

What an awesome "pride" you have!!! I've loved reading over your website and the stories are all so heartwarming!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page