My Kitties - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

My Kitties

I just joined and thought I'd show off my babies.

This is Rin:

She's all black, and turned one at the end of may. I've had her since she was about 4 weeks old. One of my mom's friend's had a neighborhood cat have kittens in her yard. There were two black kittens, and an orange kitten. 2 males, and a female. The day I picked Rin up, it was storming, and the family was huddling under a bush. I could only take one, and would've liked to leave her with her mother a bit longer, but didn't want her to turn feral like her mother.

We set up a box with some towels and put the kittens in there, out of the rain. I knew I wanted a black kitten, but didn't want to pick between male and female, so I looked into the box, and Rin looked up at me and meowed, and that was it. I took her home. I didn't check to see if I'd grabbed the female or not until the next morning.

This is what she looked like the day after I brought her home:

She had fleas like crazy, worms, and was so underweight that we were't sure if she'd ever be a normal size. But she's completely fine, weighs ten pounds, and knows how to fetch.

Next is O'Malley:

He just goes by Malley. I've known him since he was very young, around 2 weeks old, I think. My neighbor found two kittens 'abandoned under a bush' outside her apartment. Everyone told her to put them back, but she wouldn't. The two kittens ended up living in her bathtub on towels between feeding, and weren't staying warm, so I took them in. My neighbors weren't upset by that at all.

I taught them (both males, Malley, and his brother Temple, who was white.) how to use the litter box and how to eat solid food when they were old enough. A few months after they were neutered, the manager of my apartment complex took Temple home with her. (We thought he'd been stolen, or run off and gotten lost, but a few days later a neighbor told us that he'd climbed right into her car and she'd thought he was a stray, so she took him home.)

Malley is now two to three months shy of two years old.

Jack:

Jack is almost five years old. We've had him since he was about two months old. We originally took in his sister, Molly, and my best friend and neighbor took in Jack, but they ended up not really wanting to take care of him, so he ended up on my front porch a lot. Everyone loved him - he is the coolest, most laid back cat ever - so there was no question about whether we were keeping him or not.

Molly disappeared when she was three. We don't know if she ran away, or was trapped and taken to the animal shelter, or if she was hit by a car. We think she was trapped, as we had a lot of feral cat problems at the time, and people kept trapping tons of cats.

And last but not least, Joe:
Er, well, actually, I can't find a picture of him right now. I'll upload one in a few minutes. He's a longhaired orange tabby.

My mom used to be a manager at Joe's Crab Shack, and one day Joe just showed up outaide. At the time, he was not quite a year old. He was completely feral and was scared of people completely. To this day, nine years later, he's still scared of people that aren't in the family.

Sorry for making the post so long!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome! What wonderful stories and beautiful kitties. Can't wait to see pictures of Joe!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Aww precious babies!

Rin is beautiful! Well they all are but...you know. Those EARS of hers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Tom Cat

I could read these stories and look at all the cute fur babies all day long!

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
What a beautiful family! I would like to steal Rin from you, but I also raised an a four week old black kitten, and I know how much these babies mean to you!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 10:46 PM

Hi neighbor! I'm in Alabama as well.

I absolutely LOVE reading about everyone's kitties! It's a treat to see photos too! Yours are SO pretty!!!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:32 AM
Banned

Great stories & cute kitties!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Premier Cat

You're rescued a lot of kitties in need. Congrats on that. They're all just beautiful!

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Tom Cat

Cute fur babies there. Please post more pics. We love pics. Please please please!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

I finally have pictures of Joe! Sorry it took so long. (Oops! I forgot to resize them! Sorry!)

Here he is sleeping on my bed:

And now some bonus pics of Rin and Malley. Some are recent, and others are from when I got Rin:

A few days after I got her, sleeping in her brand new pink kitty bed that came with a tiny kitten pillow and a blanket:

She actually still sleeps in it every night.

Watching my rats:

Playing with Malley two days after she came home:

"Oh hi, hamster. I can eat you now, yes?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page