What happens when you eat shrimp for dinner? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

What happens when you eat shrimp for dinner?

At my house, it looks a lot like this:

Kelly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Tom Cat

Obviously the fur-kids know what happens!

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Premier Cat

Circling like sharks! Ours (10) do that with chicken.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:36 PM
Premier Cat

Toby does that with lamb chops. And I'll get a little paw pop up on my plate hoping to swipe away said lamb chops if I'm not careful ...

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Premier Cat

I'd stalk you for some shrimp too!

Holly and Murphy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by melysion
...I'll get a little paw pop up on my plate hoping to swipe away...
Mousie with chicken. I have learned, if we are eating in the living room and I have my plate on my lap or on the tray, I keep my non-utensil arm around the edge of my plate to ward off her paws and keep them out of my food.
I learned this lesson one evening (pork chops) while Hubby and I were eating in the LR and watching a very good movie. I was engrossed with a part in the movie and when I looked down at my plate for another bite, my 'chop was gone. I was a little confused, because I didn't think I'd eaten it all...then I realized that even if I had eaten it all, the BONE should still be there! Got up and found Mousie in the middle of the kitchen floor gnawing on my 'chop.
She had been snuggled right next to my side, purring and rubbing her head on me...just waiting for me to be distracted enough for her to hook my food and make a run for it.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 05:14 PM
Cat

I've mostly stopped Slasher and Ripper from jumping on my lap while I'm eating. Now they just sit there staring up at me and crying, to make me feel guilty.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Premier Cat

Excuse, please pass me a shrimp.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Guess I should point out they all did get half a shrimp (except Zaq, he got a WHOLE one).

For some reason, only certain foods make them do Heidi's "circle like sharks". Shrimp is obviously one of them.

Zaq does the paw thing too! Only he's mostly beside me.. and he pulls the "ooooh, i'm just gonna STREEEEEEETCH my aaaaaaaarrm.. oh gee! my paw is on your meat, i guess you won't be needed that now, will you!"

Kelly

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzby
Zaq does the paw thing too! Only he's mostly beside me.. and he pulls the "ooooh, i'm just gonna STREEEEEEETCH my aaaaaaaarrm.. oh gee! my paw is on your meat, i guess you won't be needed that now, will you!"
How funny! That is what Mousie does, too. She purrs and butts her head against my arm/ribs, rubs her body against me. ....then she stretches her paw out slowly, if I pat it she just pulls it back. If I don't see it, she hooks the food off the plate and is GONE with it. She is so stealthy I usually don't notice. If she gets the claws into it, its' gone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page