Pictures of FOHA Kitties (Part I) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Pictures of FOHA Kitties (Part I)

These are all pictures of cats from a no-kill rescue that I volunteer at. They live in air conditioned/heated houses with their own screened-in porches. One cattery for the FIV kitties, one cattery for the non-FIV kitties. On the weekends volunteers come to love on them and give them plenty of attention.

First, we have Bison.. a gorgeous FIV positive kitty who is a real lovebug.

Slim

Hope

Isn't she beautiful?

And Angela, fondly known as "the Evil Demon Cat." When I started volunteering this winter, she started settling down, so I haven't had a chance to see the same cat who earned the nickname. Now she sometimes lets people pet her.

Willy Wonka.. definitely a Russian Blue. I wish I had a good picture of his coat for you guys.

He is also a polydactyl.

We also have Ollie, the newest arrival to the FIV cattery

Isn't he amazing? LOOK at that coat!

Last, but certainly not least, Fritz!

He's adorable and loves people, but he gets overstimulated easily, so the longest I ever pet him is for a minute. Basically, when his tail starts twitching, I back off.

It is SO tempting to rub that little belly!

...but alas, I like my hands too much. Typing with bloody stumps is probably hard.

So, that's the FIV cattery! Well, we have a lot more cats than that, but those are the only ones I have decent pictures of. The next installment will be the cats form the main cattery...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Premier Cat

They're all just beautiful. These kitties have free range in their house....they're not in cages? If so, that's an amazing place. I'm in a suburb of DC myself. Where is that shelter?

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
They're all just beautiful. These kitties have free range in their house....they're not in cages? If so, that's an amazing place. I'm in a suburb of DC myself. Where is that shelter?
Yes - they have little 'cat houses' for all the cats, and the cats roam freely inside. New cats are introduced in large bird cages to get them used to the proximity of so many cats. The non-FIV kittens have their own sun-room so they aren't around so many adult cats, and one of the cats who doesn't do well with others (Molly) has her own hallway in the main cattery. The catteries are just for the cats, no one lives in them, and people come daily to administer medication and feed/clean litter boxes. ETA: There are also loads of ferals there.

This is a picture of the FIV cattery:

I will PM you the information... you should come by sometime! The kitties always need more volunteers to cuddle them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Banned

Such prettiful kitties
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Cool Cat

Wow, Bison really is gorgeous, he looks like a movie star!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 10:33 AM

Nolu, I still can't get over how much Ollie looks like and is built like the Goob... wow!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Premier Cat

What a cool place. beautiful kitties too.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittledoo
Nolu, I still can't get over how much Ollie looks like and is built like the Goob... wow!
If he wasn't picked up as a kitten in Pennsylvania, I would say you NEED to adopt Goober's brother.

Smirkitties, he IS! He's the biggest cuddlebug ever, and is so very graceful to watch. Every time I see him I feel so bad that he doesn't have a home - he is one very, very special kitty and could give someone a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page