Newest Peanut Gallery Pics - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

Newest Peanut Gallery Pics

As some of you know, I am fostering a litter of evil demons -- er, KITTENS, for a rescue. They are now fully litter-trained (wooHOO! I was so excited when they started using their box I took pics.. such a dork), fully transitioned onto canned food, and very happy. And fuzzy.

Today they had their first unsupervised afternoon in 'their' room, which will be where they are kept when they are older and I can't supervise them so they can have the run of the house. We've been having visits down their for almost a week now, and while it's kitten proofed, I was a little worried, but they did fine! I apologize about the mess the floor is - my dad tracked sawdust ALL over it and I keep forgetting to clean it up, but I don't want to spook the kittens yet by bringing a broom out while they're in there.

My dog (Middie) and I went down there to give the kittens more food and take some pics. (I'm a wimp, and he comes down into the basement with me whenever possible, LOL! It's a nice basement, but all basements have scary basement-things in them that only dogs or warm blankets can protect you from. 'Tis a known fact.)

Fiona greets Middie

Fi staring out the window. You can't see him, but in this one Middie was standing over her, going "HI HI HI!!! WANNA PLAY? PLAY KITTY PLAY? PLEASE? I LOVE YOU! "

"HI KITTEEZ! I wanna play, too, no fair!"

"Food-lady says I should lie down if I want to play with kitten, so I lies down. Stop playing with strap. Play with me." *uses doggy mind-rays to convince kitten to play with him*

Yeah, Middie's pretty hilarious. He was great with them - the only problem I have is that he is 40 times their size and wants to play bitey-face and paw-smack with them, and that is not okay - he's nowhere near gentle enough for it, and even if he was, I'm just not comfortable with them being that close to a mouthful of knives when they often sound like squeaky toys. I just tell him to sit or down and we take breaks if he's getting too excited.

We had one incident today, which involves Nolan play-biting him, and him getting so overexcited that "THE KITTY IS PLAYING WITH MEEE" and slapping him with a paw. I intervened, took Middie upstairs for a time-out, and checked on the little Drama King who was milking it for all he was worth, squinting and limping, and generally acting pathetic. He stopped when I picked him up, held his head in my hands, opened his eyes and closely examined them. LOL! I guess he figured getting Special Treatment wasn't worth being manhandled, and before I examined his paw gave up all pretenses of injuries and started playing with the other kittens.

Don't tell the D-O-G this, but we are playing with each other just to make him jealous. Tee hee.

Oh NOEZ... is that a DOG behind me!? He might give me cooties! Dog cooties! *drama ensues*

Walk.. quickly.. away.. from.... cooties...

My favorite picture of him EVER.

TEE HEE HEE I chews mah tail

And this cardboard!

Tired-kitty says bah bye and thanks for looking! (Or, alternatively, "Come rescue me form this crazy woman!")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 03:25 AM
Cool Cat

What wonderful pics and captions. Thanks for making me smile first thing in the morning

seashell
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:56 AM
Senior Cat

they are all beautiful!!!
including their canine friend.

Lauren&

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:01 AM
Senior Cat

Awwe, they just get cuter as they grow!! Good looking dog too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Premier Cat

ADORABLE! You take beautiful pictures!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashell
What wonderful pics and captions. Thanks for making me smile first thing in the morning

seashell
You're welcome! The Middie ones, though.. those are straight from his fluff-ridden skull, not my brain, LOL!

I agree, LilRed.. they are looking like KITTENS now! Furry and everything! Nolan's fur on the insides of his back legs is mostly grown in, finally. It was taking so long I was beginning to wonder if I was doing something wrong. And their fluffy paws don't shows skin anymore... it was so endearing when you could see the pink skin.. *nostalgia*

Thanks all, for the compliments. They are so cute photographing them is fun - I can hardly go wrong.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:30 AM
Banned

Such cuties
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 01:50 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to chaoticborders
CUUUTE!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 05:11 AM

They're a gorgeous lot!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to vilate Send a message via Yahoo to vilate
What lovely pictures. I love the ones of the dog and the baby.

Wyn is a bad, bad kitteh. Good thing her person is a bad, bad girl... They get along great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page