LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Teaser pics of Dusty (nose & tongue)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:21 PM
Premier Cat

OMGoodness! Cool shots Heidi! Love the tongue!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I know, the little veins are just amazing.

I have to get some good pics of him. He always looks away or has his eyes closed. We call him "Doobie" or "Stoner" because he keeps his eyes hooded (halof closed) most of the time anyways. I'll have to have Hubby help get his attention with a toy so I can get pics with his eyes open.

He is such a neat cat. I've never seen a cat his color before, other than his babies. He and Pretty had one litter together before they were caught and s/n. He is chocolate brown with brown stripes. No black.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Premier Cat

Heidi, what I do alot when taking pics of the cats, is get the camera focused, and then raise one of my hands and scratch on the wall or something to get their attention. You can also hold a little foil ball to scrunch and make noise or something. It really opens their eyes up, and even poses the head at a nice angle sometimes.

For this one, she was just laying there with her eyes closed, and when I scratched on the wall she came forward with her head, eyes wide open. Flash was on too, but she had her attention on what I was doing on the wall.

Also, does your camera have a continuous shooting mode? I find that works well also, it takes multiple pics in a row, and if he closes his eyes on the first, you've got a better chance of him opening on the next shots if you are still working on keeping his attention.

This one was shot using continuous shooting. I had scratched on the wall, got her attention, and then she heard Pesty in the other room making noise. That continuous shooting is a wonderful feature!

Those little veins are so neat! Great shots!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Premier Cat

I just want to kiss that cute little nose!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 03:48 PM

SO CUTE!

It sounds like he's actually red (brown) genetically instead of black, like most tabbies, which is why he would have brown stripes. That's pretty cool - maybe you could get some more pics for us? Also, there are many websites that deal with cat coat color genetics, and they often have a photo gallery and would probably love a picture of him!

To add on to OwnedByACat's tricks.... I like to have a feather toy or something like that with me, wait until the cat is still.. focus/adjust camera/etc, and then wave the toy in the direction I want them to look, holding it still for a second as I take pictures. That's how I got thesepictures of Chloe who is a nightmare to photograph, especially in bad lighting. Prey drive is pretty awesome when used to your advantage! If you have a cat that ignores finger snaps, scratching sounds, etc, I love squeaky tennis balls and cuzs. They never fail to gather attention from the feline and canine members.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page