Pure torture for a little kitten! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Pure torture for a little kitten!

I put a bird feeder in front of the patio, by the cat trees, to entertain the kitties. I think it turned out to be pure torture for little Lucy, she just couldn't get those birdies right on the other side of that glass! Oh the agony!

Come back birdies.........come back!

As I was taking pictures, this big red tail hawk came in, and landed on the ground. He was after a squirrel, and it looks like he maybe got part of one. It was really neat to see him flying in so close to the patio, his wing span is huge! We actually see him alot, he's often swooping in to see what he can find, but he's never landed this close, he's usually in the trees if he lands.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:08 AM

Re: Pure torture for a little kitten!

great photos as usual

I wish I could hang a bird feeder out a window for
my cats, to watch the hungry gray city sparrows,
but my building's Coop board will spank me if I try.

The best I could do was hang this teaser
on the outdoor side of the window glass;

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Lucy is just gorgeous! Great picture of the hawk, too.

My neighbors put up a bird feeder next to our shared fence when they moved in - after asking me. Of course I said yes! My girls have chirp-a-vision now!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Premier Cat

So close and yet so far! That's some great entertainment value for Miss Lucy. I really appreciate our neighbor's birdfeeder too . . . Murphy gets the entertainment, and they get the bird poop on their deck.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
chirp-a-vision
Great term Marie! We've definately got chirp-a-vision at our house! All 3 were glued to the window this morning!

Quote:
and they get the bird poop on their deck.
Unfortunately, that's a big part of it, along with all the mess from the seed shells. But, to watch the kitties trying to get the birds is so worth it, and we love to watch the birds too. We get so many different kinds, especially in summer!

The hawk has been here all morning, swooping in and out. I watched him land again this morning, just behind the patio, and pick up a mole from under the snow. Amazing eye sight and senses they have! So cool!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Cat

I love your pictures! and your cat must be so frustrated.

We have a lot of red tails, and they will actually use the birdbath in the warm weather, but that's as close to the house as they'll come.

One morning, laying in bed staring out the side window, we watched one swoop into a squirrel nest and observed its enjoying a baby squirrel for breakfast. Fortunately, we could only observe the upper half of the hawk and not look down into the nest.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

We have a bird feeder right outside the front window, and Blueberry and Nina are avid bird watchers! I love to watch them myself, and was thrilled to see my first red tailed hawk that close! The sparrows all made it to the nearby holly bush safely, thank goodness!

I always go to the window when I hear a loud squak, as I know it's a blue jay. They're noisy and all of the smaller birds fly to the nearest perch, but they are so beautiful!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Tom Cat

Duchess has three bird feeders. Two sunflower and one niger seed feeder. Here a squirrel was filling her cheeks!

This is Coopers hawk who visits the feeders from timt to time.

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Premier Cat

Geri I love the quality of winter light in your photos. Your home has such a zen feeling about it. Lucky Mz Lucy gets birdy TV in high definition! hawk is amazing!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 PM
Banned

Poor kitties , can't get those birdies Baby likes to watch birds too from the backyard with the birdfeeder there . She sounds like a puppy. What's Lucy doing in your avatar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page