A true transformation/ from horrible to heavenly - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

A true transformation/ from horrible to heavenly

This has been a year in the making, but Rolls Royce is finally there!

The first 2 are the rescue intake pictures. The last 2 are Rolls here in his furever home, taken today.
I absolutely adore this boy. I did from the moment I set eyes on the two first pictures below as horrible as they were, I knew it was meant to be, Rolls and me. He's had his 14th birthday this November and has been here with me since June 2008. This time one year ago, he was set free from 13 and a half years of being caged when rescue took him in. I've posted his pics here before, but wanted to show just what can be done when people are determined to save an animal and rehome them.

No one could love this old man any more than I do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Premier Cat

Re: A true transformation/ from horrible to heavenly

He is beautiful! He doesn't even look like the same cat!

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Premier Cat

Wow! The transformation is amazing! Hugs to you, for taking in the old man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:28 AM
Cat Addict

What a miracle for that kitty that he was rescued - and rescued by you and loved back into such a wonderful state of health and happiness. Wow!

Fran
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for the compliments, but rescue did the really tough work on him. They had to treat him for ringworm and other fungus on his skin for many months at great expense. His toenails were the worst they'd ever seen, infected and he was in terrible pain. They spent a lot of money on this very old cat. By the time I got him, he was healed and all I had to do was fatten him up and love him.

He wouldn't grow hair in rescue though, for some reason, I think it might have been emotional. He started growing out immediately when he got here, but it's taken several months.

You wouldn't believe this guy's personality. He is so outgoing. The minute he got here, he popped out of his carrier, jumped all over us and gave us headbutts, then he used the scratching post, the litterbox and ate a whole plate of food. I was shocked. I was expecting this emotionally devastated cat.

The rescue was outstanding, they do so much great work and take on some extreme cases. They must be angels in disguise, there's no other explanation for the love they put into these animals.

I sure am thankful for this old boy, he's my constant companion and hangs on me like a monkey. He's small, only about 7 pounds, but he's meaty. Just a very small kitty. I also have his 13 year old daughter. She is quite a card since she's gotten used to us. I got her in August along with 2 other persians that also have sad tales. Taz, the daughter rips all through the house like a little kitten. She's quite amazing, too. These cats were used as breeders and Rolls was only neutered one year ago and Taz spayed at about the same time, so you can imagine.

They lived in a garage in cages covered up with tarps their entire lives. The breeder died and things really went from bad to worse for the cats. The rescue went and got 6 of them, all from the same family out of those cages in the middle of the night. Otherwise, they'd probably have all be put to sleep.

I try and help these people as much as possible, I've never seen a rescue organization quite like theirs, they are quite an amazing, talented and dedicated group of people. They really go the extra mile for these poor cats.

Here's their website, you can see a spread on Rolls Royce, but they'll probably put some newer pics of him that I sent them today. There are lots of others on there, too and many needing homes.

http://www.purebredsplus.org/

There's a before and after page where you can see some of what they have done. It is astounding!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned

OMG , what an amazing job you did with him , beautiful guy he turned out to be.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:53 AM
Cat Addict

wow he looks gorgeous now, what a lucky guy he is thanks to you! How people can do these things to animals is beyond me
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 02:58 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, Pugzley, what a big heart you have. Could we see all your cats?

They do have your updated pictures on the website already. What a wonderful organization.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Cool Cat

Rolls' story is amazing. I'm always glad when you post news of his progress. He is such a handsome gentleman now

seashell
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Premier Cat

What a great thing you're doing for this guy. You obviously love him a lot! I can't believe they would keep them in cages all the time like that.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page