Shadow - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Shadow

I posted about Shadow at another forum (horse) and thought the progression of photos I used of her were amusing, so...here she is:

I like fostering orphaned litters and taming ferals. I know I make a difference in their lives. I get them when they are their cutest (kittens) and know I have helped to make them a cat someone can love all their life when they get adopted. I've only had one not make it through the adoption process, she was just too scared at the adoption center and stayed huddled at the back of the cage. When I went to pick her up at the end of the weekend, she rushed to the front of the cage, meowing and sticking her paws through the bars reaching for me when she heard my voice.
The volunteer said that was the ONLY time she heard her or saw her move the whole weekend.
Shadow came home with me and here she has stayed. I think that was the summer of 2003.

Here is shadow:

Letting the orphaned litter nurse:

Another pic:

I'm seeing a pattern, here...

Here she is!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 PM

Re: Shadow

what a beautiful little lady !
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Premier Cat

Shadow knew who her true Mommy was meant to be! She is a beautiful kitty.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Premier Cat

OMGosh, they are all great! I love how the pictures show her personality!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

She's beautiful.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnedByACat
OMGosh, they are all great! I love how the pictures show her personality!
I thought they were hilarious because you can't SEE her! It is like she was a celebrity in her former life and became a master at avoiding the paparazzi!

She is just the sweetest kitty; she loves it when I speak Spanish to her: Mi Pluma!, Mi gata de amor!, La gata a mi corazon, Sombra and Negra Loca. She bounces around when she is playful, she waves her tail, gives me high-5's and will flop over backwards in my arms, trusting (and expecting) me to catch her in a baby-cradle-hold to snuggle with her. And she snores when she sleeps.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Premier Cat

Shadow is so gorgeous! That long mane makes her look very exotic and wild. What a beauty.

I didn't know the story about how you came to have her. What a huge difference in her, and I bet it made you feel great to see the transition. And she let kittens nurse? Wow, what a trooper.

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Banned

She's got a lovely mane!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 01:30 AM

Oh, I just LOVE those photos, especially the first one with her eyes peeking out of the 'shadows'. And the one of her feet, straight up... that is hilarious! What is she stuck in anyway. Beautiful girl!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2009, 02:50 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie of SD
And the one of her feet, straight up... that is hilarious! What is she stuck in anyway. Beautiful girl!
It is a "cube" just like the one she is Cheshire Catting in the first pic, it is just folded in half to be a bed with sides instead of in the cube shape.

The pic of her with the 5 kittens...they were orphaned at 9 days old, their feral mother was killed in the road in front of my house. It took me 2 days to find those babies, so they were 11 days old in that pic. Shadow had a litter of 5 who were about 3 weeks old. She let those babies nurse for comfort and I spent about 3 days using her several times a day to nurse the orphans and I would take them off her one-at-a-time and give them each a bottle feeding. She would let them nurse, but she showed no interest in caring for them at all. After the 3 days they were all on the bottle just fine and I didn't need to ask her to continue nursing the orphaned litter because I was able to take over everything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page