Two new Tomcats have moved in.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 01:39 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Two new Tomcats have moved in....

After losing Dusty at the very beginning of this year, we've had two tomcats sort of "adopt" us. The black one is very friendly, purring, love-y and will head-butt and face-rub. He has been very insistent at our back door and windows. He wants in, but I cannot let him in with our other cats. When he first showed up, he would yowl and charge my cats through the glass.

The other cat is a little larger, and I haven't confirmed tomcat, but he seems like one, just due to size and him yowling and holding the black cat off the plate of food this evening.

I first saw the black cat around Thanksgiving, but Dusty mostly kept him away. He showed up again around xmas, and then shortly after that Dusty passed away and he has been hanging around much more often. Tonight he was pawing at my office window. It is 20* outside and I feel bad, but I can't bring him in. There are places in the barn and hay he can curl up and keep warm. He is very solid and has a great coat.

The tabby cat...I think I saw him quite some time ago on my front porch but he must have been much younger. He looked like Duck, slim but taller. As soon as he saw me, he ran out of sight. He looks all filled out, now. I've seen him occasionally on the back porch in the last two weeks. Last night he let me put a plate of food out and he ate. Tonight he didn't move off and let me put the plate of food right to his front feet.
The black cat came up, they yowled at each other and the tabby cat commenced to eat and ignore the black cat. The black cat moved off a few paces and sat down to watch.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Two new Tomcats have moved in....

Handsome boys. Bet they are glad of getting some yummy food!

What are you going to do with them, Heidi?

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Cat Addict

They are handsome boys. Isn't there another house near you that they could be coming from to get second dinners? They look so healthy to just be strays.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

The black one, possibly, because we had a new couple move in a few houses down last fall about the time the black cat showed up. I will have to catch those neighbors at home and ask if they have a black cat, then go from there... I think the tabby one is possibly a feral, or a grown up unsocialized kitten. We have plenty of squirrels around and a skilled hunter can do very well for themselves, I just think my Innova is an easier 'catch'.
I really don't want to keep them.
I may see if the adoption center can take the black one because he is so friendly. I don't know about the tabby one. I may have to TNR him and continue feeding until he tames...and I'd probably end up keeping him. I feel bad for Pretty as she does not like either of these newcomers because they try to run her off, and this is HER place.

*knocks wood* I am just thankful they aren't pregnant females.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Cat

Send a message via MSN to corinthia

They are so cute! I hate when you can't let the outside cats in It makes me feel so bad for them...

Zoey + Chloe + Maxwell + Apple
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Cat Addict

They are so handsome! Glad they showed up at your back door! Lucky kitties!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Premier Cat

They are both beautiful! Heidi, you are so good to those kitties!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Banned

Thanks for taking care of these cute babies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page