A HUGE Breakthrough!!! (and cute pics :D) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

A HUGE Breakthrough!!! (and cute pics :D)

I can't even believe how excited I am right now! We have found some peace!

A little background:
Jitzu has always needed to be the boss kitty. She pushes the boys around, tell them what they are, or are not, allowed to do around here. She gets along with the boys because they listen to her.
Torri is a wimp...we call her our ***** cat...heh. She always is the submissive, scared, quiet little princess. Lately she's been standing up for herself more, and we've been encouraging it because we haven't been able to separate her due to a recent, and unhappy, attack on our mice. (Pet mice...in a house that feeds raw...lol, go figure.)

Well, my bf just called me to come see a miracle. And i have pictures to prove it!!! HA!

An almost cuddle from my two girlies!!! This makes for a very happy mum, I can't even express how happy this makes me! I went over and petted both of them, switching hands to switch scents, and gave them each a bit of cheese. They've been sitting there now for about 5-10 mins, both have gone back to napping and are showing no signs of starting a hissy fit...literally.

(side not, sorry for the puns...lol, we're bad with those in our house.)

And the promised pics of the rest of the gang Along witha little update, since i haven't been around much the past few weeks.

I don't have any new pic of Jiztu really....she's been uncooperative around the camera, lol.

Torri:
She has officially stopped growing at 6 1/2 lbs. She is also at a much happier weight, and I'm so glad! She is standing up for herself, not hiding away in our room whenever we'll let her, is playing more with the boys, and is generally a much happier kitty. She has, however, been quite naughty as well. My BF and I had 2 spiney mice (pets) and a gerbil in our room. Previously Torri was the only kitty allowed in the room because she just liked to watch the mice. One of them, Tetley, would escape and she'd follow him around, but she just liked watching him. (I literally watched him run over her feet while she just watched...lol). For a few days she wasn't eating anything I gave her, and she was obviously very hungry, but wouldn't eat. During this time the other mouse, Lipton, escaped and she bit him. He passed away from an infection a few days after that.
She has just been let back in after a 2 week ban, *back in the room, she's an indoor cat* and I think not having that retreat did a lot for forcing her to stand up for herself. She is now allowed back in at night, but we have seriously proofed the remaining cages. (RIP Lipton...you were a good mouse.)
Cute Torri, Hiding from teh scarey camera-monster:

Doran has become a good little gentleman. He's settled down quite a bit, isn't nearly as difficult as he was a few months ago. Him and Muffin are still very close, they cuddle and play all day long. Doran has gotten quite big, he's probably around 11-12lbs and still has a bit more to go I think. He'll probably top out at 13-15lbs. He is still momma's sucky boy, he cuddles me and holds my sweater while he drools all over me, lol. I get lots of those adorable little chirpy purrs that I've loved since he was teeny, and he now sits on cue
Here's my handsome boy:

Muffin!
Little Muff is now 6 months old, and BIG! When he went to get snipped they weighed him at 7lbs, at 5 months!!! Making Torri officially the littlest kitty at 6 1/2 lbs.
Muffin is also a huge camera hog. i took pics of our new house for face book and a piece of him is in the vast majority *sighs*. He is our little puppy cat, our outgoing little boy. He purrs if you so much as look at him, and is all cuddles and sweetness.
"Take pictures of me mummy!"

"I'm cute!!!"

And our little guest-kitty. Thanks to a nearby rescue Jake has been neutered and vaccinated. He is eating kibble...unless he can sneak the other kitties raw when i'm not paying attention, lol. On the flip side Doran tries very hard to get Jake's kibble. Jake is a silly boy, he whines and cries...he's very wimpy. He purrs like a motor and is a Velcro kitty. (which drives me nuts! lol) He is a very handsome boy, who is going to be very big. He was weighed at 12lbs, and he's 7-8 months. Jake is very...loooonnnnngggg, lol. Long neck, long body, long legs, loooong tail!
Here's Jake:

Soooo...this whole post is hugely long, Sorry! Enjoy the pics!

*edited to clarify something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Re: A HUGE Breakthrough!!! (and cute pics :D)

That's so wonderful! I DO know how you feel. Cinderella and Cleo can actually sleep a few inches apart at times! Little Cleo is becoming braver and Cinderella seems to be having less issues with Cleo existing in her castle.

Torri is SOOOOOO cute! The picture on the chair is precious!

Great post - I feel like I know your kitties! You've made wonderful progress with all your kids!

Jitzu is gorgeous!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Premier Cat

Peace in the house? I am so jealous! All of your kitties are so cute.

RIP little mousie.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

They are so cute, all of them. And they do each have their own very definite personalities.

lol, I love sharing my little furkids (don't tell their daddy I called them that, he hates that term! lol). They really are like my kids, there's no other way to describe it. Esp since they aren't perfect, they fight, have grumpy days, and sometimes are so lovey. *shrugs* Like right now, Muffin's sitting at the desk with me, he put his feet next to my head and gave me a lovebutt...now he's chewing my hair, lol. Silly little Trouble.

Thanks for the comments guys, and congrats to you as well marie73! I know very well what that sort of tension can be like!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 02:22 AM
Banned

So cute kitties!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Cat Addict

Muffin has grown so much! He is turning into such a handsome guy. I am still in love with your Doran, though.
How long do you get to keep Jake?

Sue

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Cool Cat

Is it just me, or does Jitzu have a heart on her nosie...?

In the second pic, it *really* looks like a heart...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Premier Cat

Congrats! Beautiful babies you have!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkitty
Is it just me, or does Jitzu have a heart on her nosie...?

In the second pic, it *really* looks like a heart...
lol, she does have a heart. It's funny 'cause my bf likes to make jokes about how her heart is black and she pushed it as far out of her body as possible...she's not always the nicest kitty *shrugs*. Personally, I love it...and her little marilyn monroe beauty mark

katlover13 I love my little Doran too. He's going through a phase right now where he's 'too cool for lovins from mum', but he still gives in and cuddles me late at night. It's really funny to see him be a teenager. He's my little heart kitty. (but don't tell the others!)

I'm not sure how long we get to keep him. It depends on when we can find him a home. I'm actually hoping to find him one soon now that he's had his vet stuff done. He needs his own home with someone who has lots of time to devote to his whiney love, lol. He is a sweety but he gets on my nerves 'cause he's SO clingy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page