Snow day! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Snow day!

Just like most everyone else that has already posted from the south we got covered in snow last night! It was gorgeous and more snow than I've ever seen since I've lived here. And GOOD fluffy snow too!

Of course I was only able to enjoy it once I got home from work - after driving for an hour and a half (I'm 15-20 minutes from work) and getting stuck behind 6 people going up a small incline and having to be pushed by some very sweet men to get going again.

Anyway - Brody is in heaven. She loves snow. Snow ball chasing is the greatest thing ever. It is the ONLY time I have ever been able to trust her off leash in the back yard (not fenced) because she'd much rather run free through the woods and not come back. But snow balls are far too tempting! So we had a good hour or so of romping and playing then took a walk around the neighborhood.

Skylar on the other hand is not amused. Took her out on the deck and she couldn't understand why I would subject her to cold wet stuff on her feet and demanded to be let in.

However, it has warmed up and most of the snow is melted from the pavements. Its still on the grass and bushes. We had a branch fall from a tree in the front yard so my brother and I were taking care of that and I figured I'd let Brody and Skylar out front to sit and watch.

The view from the front steps:

At one point I came around the house and saw Skylar tip toe-ing across those bricks in the garden. I didn't see how she got to them without getting her little tootsies in the snow, but by the time I came in for the camera she was back on the steps and refused to leave again.

Horribly unhappy with her surroundings.

and one more - just because I thought it came out great!

(and yes, I realize her harness is not on right - shortly after I shot that she was walking funny and I finally realized she has slipped her leg through and it was pinned up against her body!)

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Snow day!

Skylar looks perfect out in the sun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie

Skylar is beautiful. He reminds me of my Blackie. (Bridge Kitty) He was a very special cat, much more special than his name. I had many Blackies. It was a tradition that started when I was a child.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

You know, she was such a unique looking kitten and as she grew older and lost her silver I thought I'd be disappointed with "just" a black cat. I think she's gorgeous, especially in the sunlight when her brown shows through.

But every time we have a smaller black cat come in I'm amazed how much they look just like her. There's another one who I swear is Skylar on this forum every time I see pictures!!

Jessie

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsnobunnieO
You know, she was such a unique looking kitten and as she grew older and lost her silver I thought I'd be disappointed with "just" a black cat. I think she's gorgeous, especially in the sunlight when her brown shows through.

But every time we have a smaller black cat come in I'm amazed how much they look just like her. There's another one who I swear is Skylar on this forum every time I see pictures!!

Could it be my beautiful baby, Midnight?

----------
Renée
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 02:18 AM
Banned

She's got such velvety, shiney fur.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Banned

Beautiful girl. She looks so shiny and soft and lovely big eyes.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Premier Cat

Skylar might not have liked the snow, but at least it's a great background for taking pictures of black kitties! She's just beautiful.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

we had a much better day today - it was warm and a good bit of the snow has melted so she had clear areas she could wander around on. But she did do much more than I thought she would!

she started off with a little nibble - apparently cold and wet grass is much tastier than that dried out stuff she had been eating.

She kept hearing little pieces of ice fall off and hit the ground and insisted there was something worth chasing in the bush. But wouldn't actually get too close to it

And taking it all in on her favorite spot - her bench.

Jessie

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 08:55 PM
Premier Cat

LOL! That must be something to see when you don't get snow real often!

Pretty pictures, and kittie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page