New Member - Here are my Kitties - Tiocy, Asha, and Jinx - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

New Member - Here are my Kitties - Tiocy, Asha, and Jinx

Hello Everyone!!!

Here are my kitties:

Asha, she is around 7, She is a shelter cat. We adopted her when she was about 9 months old. I volunteered at this shelter and they are a city run shelter that had laws that any cats that are pregnant are to be spayed or euthanized. She was VERY pregnant. The vet refused to spay her and so they were going to euthanize her. I wouldn't let them and literally held her for 4 hours until my husband came to pick me up. I had the shelter staff mad at me because they wanted to go home, but couldn't until they were "done". I knew if I put her down at all, they would have euth'd her. I talked my husband into fostering her. She had her kittens a week later but sadly none of them made it. We refused to allow her to be returned to the shelter and took her in, had her spayed and adopted her. She has been with us ever since. Her name, Asha, means "Life" in Swahili...... here are some pics of her....

(Playing with our Chow Chow, Chi-Ching)

Okay, and then there is Tiocy. She is around 13. I have had her forever. We owned her mom, Senora, and when she had 4 kittens(on my bed!) we nicknamed them based on their looks....Panda(fluffy one), kinky(had a kink in her tail), OJ(orange kitten) and then there was her. She was kind of plain so everyone just called her The Other Cat....hence T.O.C. ..... I just spelled it out... Tiocy. I hand raised her from 3 weeks on when her mom pushed her away. My parents told me if I could save her, I could have her. And here she is. She is my special kitty. I have had her longer then my kids, and my husband. She has been through alot and finally just gets to kick back and do nothing... Here are some pics of her:

And last but not least we have our spaz cat Jinx. She is the baby. She is almost 2. She was brought to my house with 2 other kittens at 3 days old. Their mom had been killed. I luckily always keep a kitten bottle and food in my emergency pet kit and told them I would take care of them. We did not plan to keep any of the kittens. Sadly at 1 1/2 weeks old, we lost 1 kitten. My husband and I had fallen in love with the little boy and decided if he made it we would keep him.... at 2 weeks old he passed away - We had named the other kitten Alley, but after losing the other kittens I told my husband that if I said I wanted to keep her, I would just jinx her..... So we told ourselves we WOULDN'T keep her... lol , and named her Jinx. She was fine up until we went to get her fixed. Then she developed an infection and spent 3 WEEKS in the vets office..... the best part is my AMAZING vets didn't charge me any more then the spay. They all loved her. They gave her a tag for her collar that says "For Courage"......
Here are some pics of her:

And here are a couple of the whole Trio.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Cat

Re: New Member - Here are my Kitties - Tiocy, Asha, and Jinx

Your cats are beautiful - each with a sad story but a very happy ending!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 03:50 PM
Cat Addict

Your kitties are all beautiful and I loved hearing their stories, also.

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Thank you.... they are very sweet. Two are a bit of a handful (see my thread in the 'behavior' section) but overall, they are great cats and I am happy to have them!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Jr. Cat

such pretty kitties, and their stories are amazing.

by the way, i don't think Tiocy looks very plain! haha, that's a gorgeous kitty!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

lol, I don't think so either but she looked alot like her mom and another cat we owned and the other kittens were VERY striking in comparison. So, she was just her..... It worked out well for me cause I got her~~
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Premier Cat

You have a very lovely family!

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Cool Cat

What amazing stories...I love that about Jinx, how the vet worked and that lovely collar...

Welcome to Cat Forum!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 06:41 PM

I love the pic with the chow!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Banned

They are all prettiful kitties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page