First pics with the new camera! - Page 2 - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Senior Cat

Re: First pics with the new camera!

Those are fantasticly clear! Fantastic subjects to work with too! Your photos are a gift to us all!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lucille & Koko
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you everybody, for such nice comments!

Quote:
Could I possibly ask what camera did you use and what equipment one needs to do such fantastic pictures? And any tips on how to make those pictures would be very highly apreciated!
These were taken with a Nikon D700, a 50mm 1.4 AF-D, and I used a SB-400 speedlight. Are you considering a SLR camera? If you are, when I was doing my research to decide what I wanted to buy, I heard some really good things about the Nikon D40. It's much more affordable, and is supposed to be a really good all around camera for taking pictures of anything you want. You can either buy it as a kit with a lens, or buy it body only, and then add the lens of your choice. I think kit price on Amazon is around $400. One thing I might suggest is adding a speedlight to it if you decide it might interest you. It really helps brighten up your shots, and you can add it for around another $100, or buy one used on e-bay. Even just the SB-400 if you go with a Nikon. Have fun deciding!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:53 PM

Great pics and great camera!!

so beautiful!! i love how clear the shots are!

jealous! i want the kittys and the camera!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Nice pictures Geri, I'm sure we'll be seeing some really cool pics with your new camera!

Holly, Misty & their friend, Jake, the dog.
Onyx, Callie May, Maggie & Kobi forever in my heart.
Yes, I know I need a new signature pic...someday...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Jr. Cat

OwnedByACat, thank you very much for your reply, I really, really appreciate your advice! And before I forget congratulations on the wonderful new camera!

My boyfriend is going to give me a camera as a birthday gift in 2 weeks, and as far as I know he has already bought it, so I do not have much choice here now. He "tortured" me which exactly camera I wanted for quite a while, and all I could tell him was "good, no way "point-n-shoot", not compact, with replacable lenses, big and heavy and with outside flash" or something like that. We'll see what he got for me, and then I'll upgrade it if I need to. The only thing I found out yesterday is that it has 55 mm lense or something like that.

I have 2 persian show cats and I'll probably get a few more show cats later, so I need camera to take pictures of them at home and at the shows.

I'm a 1000% beginner in photography but I'm eager to learn. I think it will be right if I read everything I can about pet photography before asking any more question - I don't want to irritate anybody with stupid questions.

What I found out so far is that this hobby is a very expensive one . Cats hobby is also expensive, so I'll have to find a balance (sigh)
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thank you again everybody! I'm sure I'll be sharing more photos as I go along.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 09:12 PM
Cat

My partner's camera is also a Nikon but it's a D60. Wonderful cameras, no?

And your black and white cat has the most interesting eyes...they look almost 3D and the centers are going to pop out. Creepy but cool!
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

That's Lucy! I told my husband ever since we got her, that she has the most unique eyes of the 3 kitties we have. Fits her personality to a "T"!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 07:07 AM

Great pics
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page