Feral baby Chunk! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Feral baby Chunk!

Here she is, a little while after I gave her her second dose of pain medication, and after din din, I was able to flea comb her a little (Advantage went on today), and she is so much softer now.. I will do more tomorrow, since today there were a few still-alive fleas.... yuk.

Once she is all healed.... I can't believe how docile she is... I'm going to attempt to give her a bath, probably in about 2 weeks, taking all precautions of course
She looks a lot like her sis in this pic, but her markings are different.. once I get her out of the cage (probably tomorrow) I'll take a good picture of her body. She is tiny.... she got lots of good milk from mom, in the beginning, but after that, I have no idea, she may have gotten stunted due to patchy nourishment.. she feels so delicate and extra petite compared to Chewy, who, when growing up was a champ eater.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 01:57 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Feral baby Chunk!

Awww she looks adorable! Goodluck with the bath. Are you planning on keeping her?

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to RachandNito

Good job taking care of her so well! Can't wait to see the body pic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Premier Cat

I bet she is just loving life now that she has a wonderful home and family. Here's hoping all of her fleas are dead by now, poor thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.my.cats
Awww she looks adorable! Goodluck with the bath. Are you planning on keeping her?
Yes, definitely keeping her. So far we have Mama, Chewy, and Chunk, all in the same family. There are two boys left, who I am hoping to get, One is Junior, from mama's first littler,and he is having a hard time, but I know someone is feeding him, still I would like to get him, and get him fixed and give taming a go with him also.
The other is Big Daddy or Flat-Face.. he is Chunk and Chewy (and junior's, I think) father. He is a older Male who re jsut got fixed and re-released him, and if we can get him and tame him also, our family will then be mostly complete outside of fostering ^__^
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Premier Cat

I would not recommend bathing a cat, and especially not a cat who has only recently begun to be socialized and handled. I think you will find that once the fleas are dead, the cat is no longer outside/dirty and is getting steady and good nutrition...their haircoat will improve and their energy level will increase, which will encourage them to groom themselves and they will be able to clean themselves and then maintain keeping themselves clean without having to deal with the challenges of outdoor survival.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
I would not recommend bathing a cat, and especially not a cat who has only recently begun to be socialized and handled. I think you will find that once the fleas are dead, the cat is no longer outside/dirty and is getting steady and good nutrition...their haircoat will improve and their energy level will increase, which will encourage them to groom themselves and they will be able to clean themselves and then maintain keeping themselves clean without having to deal with the challenges of outdoor survival.
Well, she has a huge amount of flea dirt.. I might, at some point in the future after she is healed, jsut do an extended dip into nice warm water, and let that stuff liquify and float away, then towel dry her, etc.
She already let me clipper some poop out of her tail.. I feel so lucky.. LOL
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewysmom

She is tiny.... she got lots of good milk from mom, in the beginning, but after that, I have no idea, she may have gotten stunted due to patchy nourishment.. she feels so delicate and extra petite compared to Chewy, who, when growing up was a champ eater.

I think it's amusing that such a little girl is called Chunk!
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. But what a fun and wonderful thing to do!

Sue

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Banned

So sweet, looks like my Baby , good luck with her!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Premier Cat

She is adorable! It's good that you are keeping her, and I'm sure she feels comfortable in her new home, having someone who loves her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page