Kiki pics - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Kiki pics

Meet Kiki. I've had her for almost 10 years now.

One night my roommate and I were playing video games and started to hear this yowling outside. We went out and under the (empty) next door apt's a/c unit was a little cat crying in fear. I went down and tried to get her to come out. She was so scared! All of a sudden after a few minutes she crawled to me and when I picked her up she just latched onto me with an iron grip! We took her in and started taking care of her.

Turns out she was the previously evicted tenant's cat. They'd finally gotten the boot after numerous complaints and calls to police. The original girl living there had gotten beaten up by the newer tenant and her friends soooo, the whole thing was a nightmare. Anyway, a few days after they were kicked out I remember seeing a dark colored little cat in the window and thinking, hmmmm, someone moved in already?! Then a day or so after that I saw new carpet being put in. So I'm guessing they'd left poor Kiki in there after eviction and she hid from everyone until the carpet guys finally found her and put her outside, the night my roommate and I heard her.

When we decided to keep her, (my cool managers idea - he had 2 cats himself!) I took her to the vet who said that she was a 7 month old unspayed female, (the first night was ****!) with ear mites to boot but she ended up doing fine after treatment.

I moved into my own place and took her along with me and have had her ever since! She's is a very fraidy cat who hides from new people but will eventually become comfortable over time with them.

I'm actually glad she's a fraidy cat since there's no pets allowed in my apartment, 7 years and no problem so far!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:42 AM
Cool Cat

Re: Kiki pics

She looks very comfortable in all those photos.. She sure is lucky she found you!

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:04 AM

She is beautiful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Super Moderator

There's just something so cute and innocent and adorable about that sleeping position.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:41 AM
Premier Cat

Kiki is a beautifully marked kitty. She is sure lucky that you heard her and took her in.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Premier Cat

Kiki is so pretty! I love that pose in the last picture. I also want to smack the previous people who left her there to fend for herself, as if she could in a locked apartment. It's a very good thing you found her!

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Cool Cat

She looks so sweet draped over the back of the chair like that! She's very lucky to have found you.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Cat

She's beautiful - and I love her poses - and looks very happy.

I am always surprised by the number of cats in the shelter that have been abandoned in empty houses or apartments. What are these people thinking???? Better that you have her.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Banned

I'm glad you found her, what a gorgeous girl.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks!

Lots of good memories with Kiki over the years...except that time I had to pull a shoe lace she ate out of her butt oh, the unearthly sound she made when I had to do that! Of course there's the time she jumped from the passenger seat, right across me and out the half rolled down window in the car when I was trying to get her used to being in a car so she'd stop peeing and poo...ok, I'll leave it there.

Good times!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page