My boys - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

My boys

Hi! I'm new and thought I'd introduce my boys. I have two cats, Flash (grey Manx) and Hoss (black and white), and two ferrets, Ares (sable) and Hercules (white).

They sort of play together. Well, Flash and Ares play. Hoss walks away disdainfully. Anyway, here they are in action.

Hoss and Flash at our door. This was the best I could get of Hoss all night-- camera shy, I guess.

Flat Flash-- both of the boys like to lay like this.

Ares stealing some cat food. Sometimes they eat together. They've even used each others' litter boxes.

Flash about to pounce

Got him!

Hoss walking away from Hercules
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Re: My boys

Wow! Beautiful cats and ferrets!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Premier Cat

The cats don't try to --- errrr, eat the ferret?

Beautiful family you've got! Your flash looks just like my Rookie (RIP).

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my goodness - love the ferrets.

But don't they smell a bit? Mum says they do. Apparently she rescued one once and it stunk the place out until the RSPCA came.

"FIV != PTS"
"SENIOR KITTIZENS ROCK! (between naps)"

Allie and Ridley

Toby - waiting at the rainbow bridge (2002-2011)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:19 PM

Aww, I miss having ferrets so much. Ferrets have their own very unique smell. Some people can't stand it, others love it. I once talked to a person who thought they smelled like popcorn. o_O
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 04:35 PM

Beautiful big cats. I like big cats. Big cats a good. I also had a ferret for a while. They really only start to "stink" if you don't clean them enough and you can lengthen the time between baths by using a powder made especially for ferrets after each bath.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Premier Cat

I am in love with Flash's fuzzy butt. There is just something cute about a short tail and a bunch of fluff (now don't I sound like the weirdo).

I enjoyed all of the pictures of your fur family.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I am in love with Flash's fuzzy butt.
Haha! Don't worry. I am too. He's got long back legs (Manx trait I think), and when he runs, he looks like a jackrabbit! He got his name because he runs so fast (like The Flash from the comics--dorky, I know).

Quote:
The cats don't try to --- errrr, eat the ferret?
Flash grew up with ferrets, and I don't think Hoss would bother with trying to eat anything alive! They really play pretty well together. The funny thing is Ares and Flash both really want to play, but they don't understand each other. A frisky ferret will arch his back, hiss, and bounce up and down. I imagine this would look threatening to a cat! And the ferrets like to play tag-- sneak up behind someone (ferret, cat or human) touch them from behind, then run away laughing. (Yes, ferrets laugh--giggle really. It's very cute!) Flash is always interested in what the ferrets are doing, but he just doesn't get them!

When he was a kitten, he did play a bit too rough with Loki, the ferret we had at the time. I tried to moniter them, but one day, Flash snuck back to Loki's room. I heard this horrible cry, and Flash came running out of there. I think he got too rough with Loki, and Loki showed him that ferrets may be small, but they have very sharp teeth! He's been a little gentler with them ever since.

Quote:
But don't they smell a bit?
Ferrets do have a distinct musky smell, but like Myzt said, I find it quite pleasant. (Don't know about popcorn! LOL!) I don't actually bathe mine, and I don't think they stink. Though, in the US, their scent glands are always removed (or they would be able to spray like skunks). I don't think that's necessarily the case in all countries. Also, they're pooping machines! You have to be very diligent with the scooping. I've never owned a ferret who was 100% litter trained. If they're out roaming around the house, they tend to go in whichever corner is closest. So, that's a big downside.

Anyway-- yeah-- one big happy family!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 PM

I had two ferrets before, one sable one albino. Both had glands removed but they still had that distinct ferret odor. Regular baths and keeping the cage clean at ALL times seemed the best method.

Never had a problem with the cat attacking them, but the dog wanted to molest them...in very...adult ways....
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

I think you stole my cat! Flash looks like Baby. Gorgeous babies .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page