Proper Introduction - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 12:35 AM Thread Starter

Proper Introduction

Boo - 6 years

Rescue from a dumpster throw away. Quite possibly the most clingy, ornery cat I've ever met - and my baby. 15 lbs of pure "shoulder cat" (cause the lap is too far away for nose rubs, chin bites and ear kisses). He hates tuna and loves crackers & tortillas. He steals my blanket and yes, regularly sleeps like this:

Zonka - 2 years

Born to feral parents, rescued as a kitten from behind a group home before taken to the pound. Spunky personality. Loves to play fetch, roll around on the floor to entice tummy rubs and use to walk around the house purring very loudly for no apparent reason. Also learned to play fetch - and will bug you for hours to throw the bee shaped toy one more time. Currently major behavior issues, the whole reason I am here . . . And this is him pretending to be a ninja:

Foozle - 1.5 years

Born on the patio of a couple who feed ferals. Was taken in by the older two cats who babied him and taught him everything. Very cute to watch and he seems to now return the favor. He's exceedingly quiet, but a definite "peace keeper" in the house. He loves shoes, but toes are much more fun to bite. Obsessively bathes himself, the other cats or the humans.

This is nap time in the house:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Banned

Re: Proper Introduction

Cute kitties. I like that white patch on Foozle's neck.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks.

Yah, Foozle was a twin in the litter, two little black puff balls with a white spot on the neck. A friend of mine took the other. They both have the same odd habit of stealing milk carton rings, trying to climb up your leg as a kitten, and being abnormally quiet lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator

Black kitties! I love the sleeping picture.

My Cleo is the only one who "talks" - do yours?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Oh yes, 2 of the 3. Boo talks when he wants something fixed like the bubbler plugged back in his water dish, when he wants tortilla chips from the pantry (not a habit to receive though, can't possbly be healthy), when he can hear birds but not see them, when he wants attention.

Zonka's the other talker, and I swear he just likes the sound of his voice. Up until this current freak out, he would walk around the house purring so loudly that you could hear him coming. He whines when he wants to play fetch, when he wants attention, when he wants the other cats to pay attention, when he's not happy about something like driving in the car, when a cat has been accidently shut into a room. In fact, he's the seeker cat. If another cat is missing, it's just a matter of time before he's sniffed him out and will sit patiently whining until the thumbed-creatures open the door.

Foozle is abnormally quiet. You can only get him to purr by literally flipping him out in your arms and tickling his chin and chest like you'd be saying 'goochy goo' to a baby. He'll also growl when he's stolen a milk carton ring, but he only growls to get the other cats interested. If they don't get jealous about his treasure, he leaves it on the floor and looks for something else. "It's mine, you can't have it."

Boo & Foozle, nap buddies
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Cat Addict

Your cats are beautiful, black cats have such personality. It is hard to picture Zonka with all the issues you describe. He looks like such a sweet kitty. It must be very difficult to have suck a Jeckle and Hyde cat.

Sue

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Premier Cat

What a beautiful trio of blackies! They're all gorgeous.

You must be from Milwaukee, using the word "bubbler." I've always said that too because my Mom grew up there.

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Premier Cat

*sigh* Your black trio of kitties are beautiful. =^..^=

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Premier Cat

You have a gorgeous trio of black kitties .

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome!

You have gorgeous kitties, and I loved the stories about each of them!!! I had to laugh at your Boo story because Boo sounds exactly like my quirky little Calico, Patches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page