My name is Oscar! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 06:19 AM Thread Starter

My name is Oscar!

Hi all! I would like to introduce Oscar! He is guessed to be around 3 weeks old. His mommy left him in my friends garage. My girlfriend and i took him in. He is doing well!

At the moment we are feeding him cat milk every 3 hours or so. Stimulating him to poo/pee using a warm cloth after each dinner.
His belly is round and fat but i have been informed (hopefully correctly) that that is normal as long as he pees and poo a few times a day. He did not do that the first 3 days we had him but the last 2 days all the plumbing seems to be working fine!

Im taking him to a vet tomorrow for a little check-up to see if he doesn't have worms or any other problems. Our other cat, 5 year old Elvis, is starting to accept the little one. He often walks over, sniffs a bit, maybe gives a lick over the head and then quickly moves away again to find a silent part in the house where he does his favorite activity: sleeping (I wouldn't mind him actually catching me a mouse once in a while as a return favor for all the snacks hes getting but he takes after his "Boss"!)

Anyway, i just wanted to show him off and get in contact with perhaps more experienced people when it comes to nurturing small kittens.

Greeting from Me and Oscar!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:45 AM
Cool Cat

Re: My name is Oscar!

Oscar is so sweet I do hope he continues to do well. He is so young not to have a mummy, bless him.

seashell
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
Cat

What a sweetie pie

It's v sad that he's lost his mummy, but hopefully Elvis will teach him to be a cat Great that they've taken to each other so quickly!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Edinburgh: Honey
Cambridge: Mocha & Bonnie (cats), Glinka & Sylvie (dogs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM

oh my gosh I LOVE him. I did take in a small baby once who was in our garage. It was back when my husband said NO to pets, so we got him to the point where he was adoptable (fixed and vaccinated him) and one of my friends too her in. Keep going with the milk. The vet may give you supplements to add to it. Worms are completely normal, there are drops you can give him to make them go away - but it does take a little bit. Clearly I'm not an expert, but thats just what happened when I went through this.

Bless you for saving this little life - its a lot of time, but its very rewarding. Keep us posted!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Banned

Aww, so small and cute. I hope he gets along with Elvis soon.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Premier Cat

Oscar is adorable! Thank you so much for saving him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Premier Cat

Awe........he's so tiny and adorable!!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Cat

Awe, what a little tyke! So glad he's got a foster mama and dad to help nurse him to health!

Adrienne, mom to three non-fur babies, two of the dog variety, and falling in love with China and Dolce!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 04:59 AM

What a gracious thing you did by taking the poor little guy in and giving him a chance at life. I'm sure he'll grow up to be a handsome thing.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Tom Cat

Oh, what a little sweetheart!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page