Chloe's Surprise. Updated Pics. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Chloe's Surprise. Updated Pics.

Hi to all,

It's been a while since I posted any photos, but rest assured that I have been frequenting this forum all this while. A bit of history, adopted 2 strays so far, Casper and Callie, and things have been very well. Recently, got a call from a fellow cat welfare volunteer who has a cat that is in urgent need of a home. I arranged for a meeting to see the said cat that needs to be rehomed. The stray, a female, apparently got lost and ended up in someone's home and refused to leave. Unfortunately, the home owner was not a cat person, so, it needs to be rehomed ASAP. My job was to have a look at her and then proceed to find a suitable candidate to take her in. That was the plan..........until I saw her.

Sweet Chloe.

Chloe reaching out.....

Chloe Relaxing.

Chloe Asleep.

She was such a sweet cat with a very pleasant personality. She was also very much a lap cat who simply loves human company. I was a little hesitant to take her in, due to the fact that I already have 2 cats at home, but she melted my heart and in the end.........she went home with me (after seeing the vet first).

Chloe was isolated from the rest of the gang in her own room for a month before being introduced to rest of the cats and family members. Chloe did not get along that well with my other female cat, Callie, but it is not that bad. It was just occasional hissing and swipes at each other. All's fine and well, but I noticed that Chloe was getting rounder around her belly. I passed it off as she is gaining weight from the food that she's been getting from us. Then, on the 9th of May..............

Surprise!!!!!

FYI, the kittens were an hour old in this photo.

Being a good mummy.

Kittens napping with mummy Chloe.

2 days old kittens sleeping.

At 7 days old.

What kittens look like when they are 9 days old.

The kittens are now at 20 days old.

Eyes have opened.

One of the sweet face.

The other sweet face.

How can I not love that face........

"Melt your heart" look.

So, now, I have 3 cats and 2 kittens. A nice surprise from Chloe, who incidentally, was already pregnant when we adopted her. The question now is......Do I keep the kittens? Originally, I wanted to put them up for adoption when they are old enough, but as days go by, I am having trouble sticking to that plan. Looking at the rate things are going, I'm just going to keep them all.

Anyone has any other ideas...............

From,
Diveraz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Chloe's Surprise.

Psssst! *looks around* Sh! ...send them to me!

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Jr. Cat

they are adorable!

chleo looks so pretty, remins me of my cleo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Cat Addict

How could anyone NOT be a cat person after getting a look at Chloe?
What sweet little surprises, too. I love the picture with the one kitten on its back. Can you tell yet if the kittens are going to have Chloe's beautiful markings?

Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlover13
How could anyone NOT be a cat person after getting a look at Chloe?
What sweet little surprises, too. I love the picture with the one kitten on its back. Can you tell yet if the kittens are going to have Chloe's beautiful markings?
The kittens and Chloe have been to the vet for their postnatal checkups. They are all fine and healthy, confirmed that one of the kitten is a male, while the other one is not very obvious yet.

The kittens have similar markings as their mummy, Chloe. Also, it was mentioned by the vet that, the fact they retained their mummy's markings, the unknown father would most likely be of the same breed/kind as Chloe. I'll post more photos of them in due course. Currently, their eyes have opened and they are a tad more active.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveraz
...it was mentioned by the vet that, the fact they retained their mummy's markings, the unknown father would most likely be of the same breed/kind as Chloe.
Yup. In order to get "meezer-markings", the kitten needed to receive a pointed (Sia-meezer ) gene from each parent. So, every meezer cat has two 'meezer genes', but cats with only ONE meezer gene can still sire/birth meezer pointed kittens when mated with another cat who also carries the recessive gene. Recessive means that they must inherit a matching recessive gene from each parent in order for the gene to be visibly expressed. So, it is even possible for two solid colored or tabby cats, who each carry a recessive pointed gene, to breed and have Siamese-marked kittens in the litter when those kittens received the recessive gene from each parent.
I find cat genetics to be fun and very interesting.
heidi

post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 10:57 PM
Premier Cat

Oh my, Cloe is simply stunning! I would have a very hard time letting her go too! Wowzers! The kittens definately push me into cuteness overload!
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:11 AM
Banned

What a great surprize she left you, so adorable . Good luck in making a decision.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 08:52 AM
Premier Cat

You totally didn't know she was pregnant until the kittens appeared? What a shock that must have been! They're all just beautiful and I can see why your "plan" would be changing.

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 05:05 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

Quote:
Originally Posted by October
You totally didn't know she was pregnant until the kittens appeared? What a shock that must have been! They're all just beautiful and I can see why your "plan" would be changing.
I didn't know Midnight was pregnant, either. Yeah, she was a little round, but it didn't click.

----------
Renée
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page