Meet my "Family" and my Foster Kittens - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Meet my "Family" and my Foster Kittens

8888888888kjjjjikvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv rdqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Appologies; one of my 5-week-old foster kitties just ran across my keyboard.

Every summer, I foster kittens. My summer break just started and I recently got my first litter of the summer. One momma kitty, Skye, and five little babies. They will be with us for about a month, then we will return them to the Humane Society to be fixed and adopted. (NOT as easy as it sounds. It is so very difficult bringing them back. Thankfully, all of my previous fosters (including the momma cats) were adopted shortly after we returned them.)

In the past, I have fostered ferals that needed to be tamed (by far my favorites; it is so fun to watch the progression of mean little sassy kitties turn into sweeties). I have also fostered another litter of sick kittes and their mommy. They were around five weeks. Lots of fun. There was one morning when I woke up with the momma kitty, snuggled up under my head and a fuzzy little one sleeping right on top of my face. I was coughing up hair all day. The worst part is when they are 6 weeks old. They think that feet moving around under sheets at 5 in the morning make great toys. Then they get under the sheets and they still think my feet are chew toys.

Anyways, here is a picture of two of the new fosters. They're just settling in. I will post more pics on this thread as I take them.

Here are a few of last summers fosters. Sorry about the quality; this was before I got my HD camera.
Here is the

"t5hyu6777" says Skye. I currently have one kitten batting at my toe, another chewing on my hand.

Anyways, this is the kitten that would not leave my feet alone.

Siblings.

Sweet, sweet Mommy. She was so thin and sick, but was much better when she left us. At first, my bed was her refuge from playful babies. When they figured out how to get up on the bed, she took refuge on my top bunk.

Here are the ferals. They were older.

I think the funnest part about the ferals was teaching them to play. Even as 8-week-olds, they didn't know how to play.

Anyways, I'll get on to my cat. I have owned cats my entire life, although currently I have just one, Iraland/Ira, the tabby. He lives outside, sleeping in the garage (don't tell, but sometimes I sneak him into my bedroom at night when I don't have fosters). As most outdoor cats, he can be really jumpy. But he knows who his mommy is, and is a total sweetie pie to me.

Aside from fostering and keeping cats, some of my other hobbies include: reptiles, photography, music, and travel.

Sorry this is so long, but I really can't leave out my other pets.

Barbudo the bearded dragon. He is such a sweetie. Loves snuggling and running around my room (when there are no fosters, of course, or when the fosters are in the guest room).

Cu, the ball python. Another sweetie. She loves sitting around my neck while I work on the computer. Hopefully I'll get a few more balls and start breeding next season.

Lastly, my new addition, Sangre the Borneo short tailed python. LOL, he is not so sweet. Beautiful little boy, but can have quite the temper. I hope he calms down before he gets big. I'd hate to be bit by a 7 foot, 40 pound snake, lol.

Two more snakes coming within the week. However, as this is a cat forum, I doubt I'll post pics.

Thanks for looking. Will post more pics of the fosters soon. Will post more pics of the others upon request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Meet my "Family" and my Foster Kittens

I know you're new so you might not know this, but a CUTENESS OVERLOAD warning really was necessary on this thread!!!!

OMGosh!! What cute little kittens! And Ira has the most gorgeous eyes!

Welcome!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Premier Cat

Welcome, I enjoyed meeting your diverse pets. Several members here have a
variety of species, too.
Like you, I also foster cats/kittens for a local adoption center. Also like you, I
enjoy turning feral cats/kittens into loving housepets. Every cat we have was
rescued from one dire situation or another and would have died if we hadn't
intervened. Several were near death when we took them in and we were able
to nurse them back to health and help them become loved and spoiled house
pets.
heidi =^..^=

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

That's great! I love meeting other foster parents.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 01:59 AM
Kitten

Send a message via AIM to Pyxie Send a message via MSN to Pyxie

Lovely animals. Fostering sounds like such a rewarding experience.

My kitties: Sully (Tabby), adopted aged 3 years (
)
Tortoiseshell kitten, coming home end of June.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

It really is! It's great for me; helping kitties in need (free of charge), and it allows me to work around some barriers that keep me from acquiring more cats. My Humane Society requires me to keep them in one room. This is good because my other pets won't present a conflict and my brother, who is allergic, doesn't have to be around them.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 AM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to lazzara8478

Super Cute!!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I'm loving Skye, the momma cat. At first we thought she was growling. Non-stop. If you talk to her, she growls. If you touch her (or her kittens), she growls. However, now that she's settled in, I think she's just a talker with a funny voice. She will purr and "growl" at the same time. I think it's really cute.

Here's Skye.

I love their bulging eyes. "What is this place?"

This little guy/girl is probably my fav. He/she is so pudgy and wobbly. It's so cute when they're learning to walk. They'll be skittering along fine, then they just topple over.

Sitting in the wet food. Silly guys.

And this one I took just a few minutes ago. Kitty pile on Mom!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Premier Cat

You're doing such a great thing to foster these kitties! They're so cute.....

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page