Meet Ginger--my "momma" who will never be a momma again!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Meet Ginger--my "momma" who will never be a momma again!!!

On April 2nd I brought Ginger home from the streets of the neighborhood I worked in to have her babies in a safe environment and to help do my part in stopping the pet overpopulation. Although I didn't bring her into my home, I brought her into my life and my heart (not to mention my checkbook). She lived in an outdoor enclosure and gave birth to and raised 5 beautiful healthy babies, 4 girls and 1 boy. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find Ginger a furrever indoor home, but she does have furrever outdoor home here with me now.

On monday Ginger was spayed and her life is now forever changed. No responsibility no heat cycles, just living life for her. So Tuesday night she got her first taste of life out of the cage since her babies were about 2 weeks old. She wore a harness and leash--teaching her where she lives first and can't let her roam from until she is healed from her surgery. She has been out each night since on the harness and leash--and is taking to it well for an adult who has never been on one.

Here she is enjoying the porch--she was scared to leave it at first--but now loves laying in the grass.

Enjoy!!

Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Meet Ginger--my "momma" who will never be a momma again!!!

She looks so "casual" and relaxed! How nice to see that.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Doesn't she? I wish I could capture her attitude when she walks, she walks and then lays down and rolls in the grass for me to rub her belly. She's just so at peace now.

Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Premier Cat

I'm reading, reading, reading...and then I read this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&Harley
She's just so at peace now.
...and smiled so BIG!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Well I had tears when I typed it.

Leslie
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Premier Cat

I know 'zactly how you feel.

I called up my friend to go to the pool with me last night. My husband is working late-shift and I can't swim well, so I always like to have a buddy with me. Anyway, when we got back she came in for a few minutes and started petting a cat and asked: "Is this a new one? I've never seen this one before?" I turned around and...

She was petting PRETTY!

Pretty is a former feral. The MOST feral, feral I've ever tamed. It took me 4yrs to bring her from completely feral to trusting housecat. Heck, it took me 14mo from time of TNR until I could just lightly *touch* her fur as she was eating a plate of canned food! In the last 6mo my husband has been working with her, trying to get her comfortable around him...and it is working, though he cannot pick her up w/out her struggling to get down, yet. She *loves* to parade back/forth in front of him so he can pet and massage her. ALL the cats love "daddy-fingers" because they are big and blunt, not poke-y like my thin and long-fingernailed fingers. I'm good for scratchings and scrubbles, Daddy is good for finger-massages. And bowls of milk. Pretty is getting a fat-belly because of him.

Anyhow, Pat came right in and started petting Pretty, and my jaw almost DROPPED to the floor, I was so surprised that Pretty let her walk right up to her and pet her with no problems. Major breakthrough. Major! So, yeah...I completely understand when you face that moment of knowing you succeeded in changing a cat's life.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Premier Cat

Ginger looks so wonderful, and you have made such a difference for her. You've done a wonderful thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Cat Addict

She looks really relaxed. She's going to be a people cat.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Banned

Lovely girl
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2009, 03:59 AM
Jr. Cat

Kudos to you for taking her in!! She must have been so happy to have a safe place to have her babies!! Her eyes are absolutely gorgeous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page