My new adoptions: Buddy and Rupert - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

My new adoptions: Buddy and Rupert

Rupert's story: My boyfriend and I were wanted to get a kitten (finally) and he wanted an all black cat. I've had a lot of experience taming ferals and about 75% of them were all black too, so feeling nostalgic I decided to check out craigslist. Within the past hour was a posting for a found all black kitten that was lost near the freeway. The person who found it isn't necessarily a cat person but didn't want to leave it there. So I took "her" off their hands. He was Mary-Jane at the time. But when I got him and looked at his face, I could tell he was a boy (I was so glad I didn't go off and buy a pink color or anything!) Well despite that this kitten may have a name-complex (he's probably been at LEAST three names by now), we couldn't name him a girl name! So Rupert came to be. He was about 8-10 weeks when we adopted him.

(After a few days with Rupert)

Buddy's story: Rupert loves basking in the sun behind the venetian blinds and saying hi to all the neighbor kitties. One of these cats was Buddy. He had no collar and was about a month older than Rupert. He kept hanging around and there was no word of a lost cat. Well since Rupert was obsessed with his presence we decided to risk opening the door and seeing how they would act. Typical meet and greet for about a few minutes and then they started fighting (for play). We decided to take him in (Rupert was a needy kitten so the attention from Buddy was good for us). After two days of practically non-stop play-fighting, they both became fully adapted (which is surprising for me being so quick, but then again, I was used to ferals!) We took notice of any lost cat/kitten signs for a few weeks but saw nothing. Went door to door to ask if he was lost and heard nothing. So I guess he was an abandoned kitten!

Rupert's personality: Playful, loving, affectionate, needy, feels self-deserving of anything and everything. He knows it's rough outside and prefers to stay indoors. He'll meet you at the door but doesn't want to go out. (I prefer it that way anyway!) Friendly with other animals. He loves loves loves treats of any kind. He doesn't care if the treat ultimately brushes his teeth or not. He may be smaller than Buddy but he thinks he can handle his own. There are many times when he will get real rough with Buddy and since it doesn't bother Buddy he will get rough back. Then Rupert is all "whine-whine". I keep yelling at Rupert "If you can't take the heat, then get out of the kitchen!!!" But he's one persistent kitten.

Buddy's personality: Like most snowshoes, he's playful, affectionate and adores attention from people, but he can be independent and patient if someone is too busy to give him attention right that second. He will even wait until you're done. Always the first one to greet me at the door. Always curious of everything around him and loves playing outside. Unfortunately with the way our apartment complex is, it's best to make him stay inside. Management is bad and they have no problems calling to have the cat picked up. (This place had my car towed when it was parked in front of my apartment door. Why? Because I didn't drive it for two days so they deemed it abandon.) Anyway! While Rupert has pecking order with food, Buddy is the king of the toys.

I will post photos in the reply to this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Re: My new adoptions: Buddy and Rupert

Rupert wondering what this thing is that literally "popped-up" in the living room. He's wondering if the tent is really that much better than the A/V cords he was playing with earlier! These tents are a great deterrent!

Day one of meeting. They are play-fighting for their 48-hour marathon. Sorry Buddy's head got cut off, but they moved! lol

Buddy wearing his Bee-hat!

Buddy's first day of work. He thinks he's such a big-shot in his tie.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Well I resized the photos in photobucket so they were smaller. I just assumed they would transfer over in that size. So if these photos are considered too big, I'm sorry! I tried, really I did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to my5kitties

You know Sara, I think you're going to have to send Rupert and Buddy to me. Oh, don't worry. It's standard procedure here at Cat Forum. Why do you have to send them to me? Well, um...I, uh...you see...it's for their own good. They look very neglected and I think they'd fit in well with my boys, Star and Lucky. Star and Lucky are siblings and are 4 years old, so they can teach your boys all kinds of kitty stuff. And my girl, Midnight will supervise. yeah...that's it.

Very beautiful boys you have there.

----------
Renée
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Oh don't worry. I give them so much attention they find themselves hiding from me! lol not really though

Thanks!
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Cat

They are soooo cute, and they obviously love each other. Their stories are so sweet, too. Let me know if you ever get sick of little Rupert and I'll be glad to take him off your hands
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

One more of them together, got this one an hour ago, so I had to put it up! it was their first storm while at home

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Gorgeous girls
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 AM
Super Moderator

Great stories and beautiful kitties!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-20-2009, 12:15 AM
Premier Cat

I love the lighting of them looking out the storm-door. They look like such good friends...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page