Zaya says "Hi!" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Zaya says "Hi!"

Hi everyone. I'm pretty new to the forum, and thought it was about time to introduce my kitty. Her name is Zaya and she says thank you to everyone who's given me advice on how to best take care of her and help her stay flea-free She is a rescue kitty, about a year and a half old (that's what the vet at the rescue guessed). She was originally spotted living on the streets of L.A. and was pregnant. By the time animal control picked her up she had given birth to four kittens, one of whom was already dead. She got taken to the animal shelter along with the surviving kittens. There they were spotted by a rescue group volunteer. She was taken from the shelter, but by then she and the kittens had all gotten sick with a really bad cold (or flu?). After lots of care and medical help from the rescue, she got healthy, but, unfortunately the kittens were too young and too sick and all died. About the time the last kitten died, someone had dropped off a kitten at the rescue and it was given to her to see if she would nurse it. She did, and took care of the kitten as if he was her own. But it turned out that the kitten had a heart defect and couldn't be cured. He died soon too, but this time she wasn't too sad because she probably already felt that he was really sick and knew he was going to go. About two weeks later we (my boyfriend and I) adopted her from the rescue. Right now she is spoiled and happy in her new home. We have had her for about two-three months now and love her to pieces despite her cranky "independent" attitude. She can be really sweet and rubs on me and purrs in the morning sometimes, but only when she feels like it, and she also runs up mewoing to greet me when I come home from work. She is pretty cranky though and I'm still bummed about her biting (a lot.. and it hurts!). But at least she never uses her claws I love our little bitey monster! And I want to thank everyone again for sharing their cat-wisdom.
Btw, she is a polydactyl and has five toes on each paw, which I find super cute.

Caught mid-lick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Zaya says "Hi!"

She's lovely! Love her mittens!

I think it's wonderful that you adopted an adult. What a sad little life she had until you found each other.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you, Marie Yeah, we didn't think we were really "qualified" to handle a kitten. We're both at work for most of the day and kittens need way more attention and discipline.. Besides, I think adults have a harder time getting adopted, and, since we didn't really care about the age, we thought we should leave the kittens for others. Although sometimes I think even she is too young for us! She has so much energy and plays like a kitten.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:25 AM
Banned

She's adorable, I like her spots & stripes.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 01:35 AM
Premier Cat

Oh, yes! She is a beautiful example of a spotted mackerel tabby pattern. Gorgeous!

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Premier Cat

She has lovely markings, and her coloring is just so pretty. Poor little girl with her past history! Thank you for making her the spoiled princess that she deserves to be.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 05:04 AM
Cool Cat

What a beautiful young lady
Its so wonderful you gave her a home after her tough start in life.

seashell
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Premier Cat

Zaya is a real cutie! She's so lucky to have you....look at how her whole life changed for the better because of you. Congrats on adopting her.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Cat Addict

What a pretty girl! She really had it rough. I bet she is so happy to be safe and loved with you now.

Sue

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you all so much for your kind replies!! You guys are too nice I won't tell Zaya everything you said about her though, or she'll get a big head I'm really glad I found this forum and very thankful for all the useful info and warm welcomes. I love looking at all the kitties on here too - they are all sooo adorable!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page