Meet my kitties ... new to the forum. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 04:38 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Meet my kitties ... new to the forum.

Here are my stories about how I got my kitties and some pics of them.This may be long lol.

First one is Destiny. I got Destiny in October around thanksgiving(in canada) of 2003. I got her from a pet store. I was 15 at the time and wasn't fully aware of pet stores and the way they treat animals. We got Destiny and they said she was a boy but we were proved wrong after only a few days. She was so small she could fit in the palm of my hand, at the time she looked black with a bit of orange flecks. As she grew a bit we realised she was a tortiseshell. After a couple months she got into some thread and swallowed it. It got wrapped around her intestines and her tongue. My mother debated whether or not to fix her or put her to sleep. Mom decided to fix her, knowing how upset my sister and I would be. $800 approx. later she came home. While we went to pick her up from the vet I saw another kitty(which comes up again later on). Anyways she's been apart of my life now for 6 years. I moved in with my bf and she's now living with me. She's one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen, she's so sweet too. She sleeps on my back o on my side at night. She's even snuck into my 3 yr olds room at night and slept by her feet in the corner of her bed.

Next is Taz. The cat that I saw in the vet office as we picked Destiny up, I fell in love with her.This was about December 23rd or 24th 2003. Sorry to go into to much detail here, but I had just been raped, and I felt broken. Then I saw this cat 2 days after, and she looked broken too. I asked mom if I could bring her home she told me to ask my father. The vet said they were open for another hour, and I asked my dad soon as i got home. He was sold the minute I told him she was already fixed and that I would take care of her. Mom raced me to the Vet office 5 mins before they closed and I brought her home. Ant they told me how they got her. She'd been brought in from the local rez they didn't know if she'd been stuck in a fan belt or maulled by a dog but half her tail was missing, her remaining tail is all kinked and she has bad hips. She was very shy and skiddish when we brought her home, she hid under my parents bed until people were sleeping then she would come out. Taz is now 6-7 years old, she doesn't live with me right now , but I get to see her alot. She lives with my bf's parents. She lived with us for about um 6 months I believe then she pooped on our bed. My bf decided that she couldnt stay with us.

After taking Taz to his parents place, my bf decided he wanted another cat right away. He was away at school, so his mother and I went up to the local SPCA and looked around. This beautiful siamese looking cat kept following me around and flopping at my feet while i was looking at the kittens in the cages. Finally I payed attention to this kitty and fell in love with it. I went and asked someone about the cat and adopting him. I was there for mayb 15-20 mins and I was walking out with this beautiful cat. His name at the time was Nugget, the lady who named him, told me it was due to the size of his .. unit when they got him. I found that kind of gross so wanted to change his name. While out for a car ride with my bf and daughter I asked him what we should name that cat ... then all of a sudden the Beach boys song Kokomo came on and thats what we named him. He's 2-3 years old, he's a tabby/siamese mix. He's gained close to 15lbs since being with us. He's very laid back and LOVES his gf Destiny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Kitten

Re: Meet my kitties ... new to the forum.

They are all soo cute. I especially like Kokomo. I have been looking for either a siamese or ragdoll mix in the shelters and rescue groups in my area.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you. They're all my favs hehe. I love them all, but I think Destiny and Taz are my favs, maybe cuz I've had them longer then Kokomo. Kokomo is a very great cat though very sweet and affectionate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!

Beautiful cats!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned

Cute kitties, I like their colours.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Premier Cat

They're all beautiful! Kokomo's blue eyes are just gorgeous.

Holly and Murphy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thank you. Their pics are good, but they're much cuter in person, but what cat or animal isn't?

Cats weren't really my fav animals but these three have really changed my mind about cats. If I could, now, I would go adopt 10 more LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page