New Kittens & New Here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

New Kittens & New Here

It was a few weeks after I lost my wonderful cat of 14 years.
that I decided to go to my local Humane Society "browse." I met a little orange tabby kitten who really captivated me. He had this way of putting his head down and looking up that was so precocious I was smitten quickly.

I was conflicted though. I thought it might be too soon to adopt another cat. I was afraid that if I got a new cat too soon it would mean that I loved Babette less.
But after a long talk with my mom about how sad I was over not having a cat in the house (I literally made up every excuse I could to not go home to an empty house - slept over at friends, worked late, worked in cafes etc.) and torn up about this little stray kitten. Samson was found as a stray with no other family and had been there for more than a week with lots of interest but no takers. My mom told me clearly that I should go get him because my heart had already made up my mind.

So I called the HS about him only to find out that he was being looked at by someone else and to call back. I did, and they said he was being adopted, but if I wanted to double check to call back in half an hour. I started driving over there even not knowing if he'd be mine or not - I'm not a religious person at all, but I actually prayed that he would go to the right home even if it wasn't mine. I called again when I was on the road and the family decided not to take him! The volunteer on the phone immediately pulled his paperwork and put it with mine.

I got there and knew that he'd have to have a friend to keep him company. There was a family of black and white cats with two little girls that were almost all black. I took them both out and played with them. I eventually chose the one that chased her sister all over the room! She's a real beauty with an adorable face - mostly black with some tiger stripes and a few random white hairs. When she went for her first check up the vet oohed and ahhed over her so much that a vet tech came and asked to have a look

So, I joined this forum a few weeks ago when I brought them home. I was in search of name ideas for my new kittens....
they have since become Samson and Delilah... but I'm finding that this forum is a great place for ideas and help of all sorts.

So... meet my kitties...
Here is Samson:

And here is Delilah:

(She is VERY dark so it's hard to get good pictures of her because she just looks like a big black fuzz ball - no definition!)

They also get to hear a good deal about their "older sister" Babette:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: New Kittens & New Here

Oh my! Who wouldn't fall in love with Sampson!

And Delilah is de-lovely, too!

Looking forward to hearing about all of your cats, past and present.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Premier Cat

Samson and Delilah are so cute! I am sorry that you lost your Babette, but so glad that you could open your heart up again to the new ones.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Cat Addict

It was a few weeks after I lost my wonderful cat of 14 years.
that I decided to go to my local Humane Society "browse."

Yeah, I tried 'just browsing' once. I lasted less than 10 minutes.

Luckily they turned me down because I didnt have Fay's rabies vaccine papers. When I went to get those my Vet gave me a cat.

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Cute kitties.

Could you make the pictures bigger Their not clickable either .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ph
Yeah, I tried 'just browsing' once. I lasted less than 10 minutes.
Ha! Yep, my aunt said the same thing to me... never go look at cats unless you are serious about taking one home

I don't know why the pictures came out so small. I can try again.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-20-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Here's trying again with bigger pictures:
Samson

Delilah

Babette

Here is an extra one (a little fuzzy because it's from my phone) of the "look" that Samson gave me

Sorry, I don't know how to make them clickable to something larger.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2009, 05:27 PM
Jr. Cat

i love kitten faces
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page