Hi! I"m new...Meet my two boys! (lots of pics) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Hi! I"m new...Meet my two boys! (lots of pics)

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum and decided to start off by introducing my two boys...Max (black&white) and Sid(siamese mix) and how they came to be part of our family.
I grew up with cats and I love them. Well, I love all animals...but anyway, after our dog passed away and we knew we weren't ready for another dog, we decided to get a cat.
So I went to the local animal shelter and they had lots of beautiful cats and kittens. They were all scared or bored looking, as most animals are in a shelter. Then I saw Max...he was cute...older than I wanted, but he was sitting and just looking at everyone walking by as if WE were all on display. His history said that he was 9 months old and was born in some rescue and passed along from rescue to rescue to the shelter. I asked to see him in one of the little rooms they have set up for one on one interactions...and oh my goodness....it was like a switch went on. He was exploring, playing and running around and in between, coming up to me for scratching and to purr...I fell in love with him. So, of course, he came home with me. From the very start I could TELL that he never knew anything but a cage. He was, although curious about everything and very playful, afraid of the big open space and things like the couch (eventually he figured out that it was a great place to nap on lol ).
Max is VERY VERY hyper and VERY affectionate. He is more like a dog, really. He loves attention, he pets ME back, purrs all the time, licks me, loves tummy scratches, fetches and so on and on. He got very attached to me fast and always wanted attention (even at 2am).

So since he was so hyper, after long deliberation, I decided to get him a friend. That's where Sid comes in. I got him from one of those adoption events. I just fell in love with his big blue eyes. I brought him home (he was 3 months old) and separated him from Max and got ready for slow, careful intros. Well, it didn't work out that way. Max knew the kitten was there and cried under the door like crazy and tried to dig UNDER the door, in the process destroying my carpet. On the second day of the kitten being home, Max bolted into the room while I was trying to sneak in there to spend some time with the kitten. Kitten, although not acting afraid at all of Max and not trying to hide from him, GROWLED at Max whenever he tried getting close to him. That went on for a little while, but I guess Sid got bored growling, and decided to leave the room to explore the rest of the house. That's when Max followed him, slowly closing the gap between then and LICKED Sid. From that moment on, they were best buddies............
(3 days later, Sid became very very sick and MULTIPLE health issues developed.....I took me 3 months and a couple of really close calls with death to get him back to health but now we're all a big happy family). Max likes me more....and Sid likes my husband more...Well, actually Sid likes more the person that is in the kitchen at the given moment. lol

So here are my boys:

When cats get bored....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Hi! I"m new...Meet my two boys! (lots of pics)

Welcome, AWESOME intro and AWESOME photos! I think I've fallen in love with your cats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarkRoom
...[the cat]...likes more the person that is in the kitchen at the given moment. lol
Ain't THAT the truth! Sounds like "The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach" is true for kitties, too!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned

Adorable babies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Great stories and pictures! Of course, my favorites are the pictures with both kitties.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Premier Cat

They are a gorgeous pair of kitties, but I especially love Max as you can see his attitude and playfulness come shining through the pictures.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Cat Addict

I agree with Leazie, what a fantastic personality Max has! It's unbelievable that people walked by his cage and didn't realize what a treasure he is. And Sid is gorgeous! You are all lucky to have each other.

Sue

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Premier Cat

What beautiful kitties! It's great to hear their stories.

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Cool Cat

Adorable kitties! Keep an eye on them around those plastic bags, though - Fern got her head through the handle of a plastic bag once and panicked, nearly strangling herself in the 30 seconds it took me to realize something was wrong and come running!

But seriously, the pictures are simply delightful and it looks like the boys have quite the personalities! Welcome to the Cat Forum!

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-24-2009, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Thanks for the warm welcome.
And yes, Max is full of personality...he's very fun to watch. I wanted a playful, active cat (aka trouble maker) and that's what I got! Sid is still developing. He's kind of unsure of himself still, and is easily spooked and just mostly follows Max around. What's funny though, Max is super athletic and Sid won't jump on anything higher than the couch...He CAN...I know he can because I've seen him do it ONCE..but he's just scared to lol Max loves hanging out on the bathroom counter, especially when I"m getting ready, and Sid will want to be up there soooooooo much but he's just afraid of jumping lol So he'll stand there and cry and cry and pace, looking at Max...and Max will be looking at him like 'what's wrong with you, dude?" lol I'm dreading the day he'll figure out he's perfectly capable of jumping up on things.......
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to gwdprincess Send a message via Yahoo to gwdprincess

Max reminds me of my Oreo. She had a similar coat to Max. Beautiful cats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page