I Have to Get these two Kittens! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I Have to Get these two Kittens!

Hi everyone! New guy here. I want to get a kitten/kittens. People are all telling me get two as one will be lonely. Others tell me get one as two will keep you awake all night. I'm torn. I saw this and want to adopt these two cats...Elliott and Violet.

http://www.wharfrescue.ca/

Check the link above...man, I cant believe people would do that to a cat, as in Elliotts case! So sad....I am definitely interested in these two. I have to learn how much to feed them. When? Dry or wet? Lots to learn yet but I'm willing to give it a whirl. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Re: I Have to Get these two Kittens!

Get both, get both, get both!!!!

I'm speaking from experience. Kittens have so much energy, they need a little running partner. Not sure if that'll help you sleep, I put my twins in their bedroom every night. It's all they've ever known. But members here have lots of tricks and hints about getting through the night with kittens.

Poor little Elliott!

They're both adorable, run, don't walk!

Oh, mostly wet food - and you can feed kittens all they want!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73

I'm speaking from experience. Kittens have so much energy, they need a little running partner. Not sure if that'll help you sleep, I put my twins in their bedroom every night. It's all they've ever known. But members here have lots of tricks and hints about getting through the night with kittens.

Poor little Elliott!

They're both adorable, run, don't walk!

Oh, mostly wet food - and you can feed kittens all they want!
Really? All they want? Won't their little tummies explode?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capta
Quote:

Yeah, I just saw the Vacuum trick on the Board!
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Won't their little tummies explode?

Others will give you advice on exact amounts, but they burn up soooo many calories running around that you won't have to worry about kittens getting fat!

post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Quote:
Won't their little tummies explode?

Others will give you advice on exact amounts, but they burn up soooo many calories running around that you won't have to worry about kittens getting fat!
I see you have four cats. Wow, is it a lot of work? You must be cleaning Litterboxes all day! Cat hair everywhere? Do you let them outside?
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

I have three litter boxes, I clean them at least once a day, but it only takes about 2 minutes to scoop all three. They all have long hair, but only Cleo's is noticeable. On my pillow and the sheet next to me. Looks like I sleep with a cave man! They have toys and 5 cat trees and 9 window sills they can sit on. There are two bird feeders they watch outside. They do NOT go outside. It's not safe where I live - dogs, evil teenagers, coyotes, poison, traffic, etc.

It's really not much work, they're so fun to watch, especially the twins. They give me so much love and companionship. Cleo comforts me when I'm down. She's my talker.

Find a good vet and make sure you have money put aside in case something happens.

I can't imagine not having my girls in my life.

post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Premier Cat

Yes, get both! We currently have eight, and I occasionally foster litters of kittens, so the numbers in our house fluctuate...but it is GREAT FUN! I also found that my *best* kitties were a Trio from the same litter, two brothers and a sister. They did *everything* together; eat, sleep, play...everything. Anywhere one was, you knew the other two weren't far behind.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
I have three litter boxes, I clean them at least once a day, but it only takes about 2 minutes to scoop all three. They all have long hair, but only Cleo's is noticeable. On my pillow and the sheet next to me. Looks like I sleep with a cave man! They have toys and 5 cat trees and 9 window sills they can sit on. There are two bird feeders they watch outside. They do NOT go outside. It's not safe where I live - dogs, evil teenagers, coyotes, poison, traffic, etc.

It's really not much work, they're so fun to watch, especially the twins. They give me so much love and companionship. Cleo comforts me when I'm down. She's my talker.

Find a good vet and make sure you have money put aside in case something happens.

I can't imagine not having my girls in my life.
Well, their all gorgeous! Sounds like you love them all! The Vet...that's something lots of people keep telling me that I'll end up paying thousands of dollars in the long run with the two of them. Hey, I have four daughters, I can handle two more kids!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-04-2009, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
Yes, get both! We currently have eight, and I occasionally foster litters of kittens, so the numbers in our house fluctuate...but it is GREAT FUN! I also found that my *best* kitties were a Trio from the same litter, two brothers and a sister. They did *everything* together; eat, sleep, play...everything. Anywhere one was, you knew the other two weren't far behind.
Eight cats!? Wow, how many Litterboxes do you have? Yes, I'm leaning to getting both. I'll be meeting them tomorrow and as soon as I see them both, I KNOW I'll want them both!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page