Say Hello to Rajah - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Say Hello to Rajah

I went to the cat shelter today where I work and somehow came home with a cat. You know how that happens

I was pretty much his last chance before him getting put down. They asked me if I could take him and I said yes.

He is fifteen (though perfect bloodwork yet), a bengal, and should have come with a mute button. Also, he is declawed He was dumped for a "newer model" because he was old and they wanted a kitten. Since no one wants and older cat, even if they are perfectly healthy, they wanted to have him just put down. But they asked me first and he worked his charm on me

But who could resist him?

"I may be old, but I'z still just as cool"

"But...you promised me. I waz yours for fifteen years, I thought you loved me?"

and a (poor quality) video:

I think it just sends you to the video on photobucket. Oh, and yes, some of the "cat sounds" towards the middle and end are me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Say Hello to Rajah

Hello, Rajah!

What a beautiful cat!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Cool Cat

Congrats on the new adoption

I don't understand how someone can have a cat as part of the family for so long and just decide they want a kitten instead, poor kitty! Atleast he'll be loved the rest of his life now though.

Bec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.my.cats
Congrats on the new adoption

I don't understand how someone can have a cat as part of the family for so long and just decide they want a kitten instead, poor kitty! At least he'll be loved the rest of his life now though.
Thanks!

Yes, it really makes you wonder about people sometimes... Its not like he did anything to deserve this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73
Hello, Rajah!

What a beautiful cat!
Thanks Hopefully I can get him to gain weight and get his fur shiny again. He will not eat dry food (smart cat) but they wouldn't give him much wet...at least not enough to keep up his weight. Though the shelter gave me some cans of EVO 95% to start him off on.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 01:36 AM
Premier Cat

Hello beautiful Rajah! I think he's hit the jackpot with you. You'll have him healthy and shining in no time!

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 04:39 AM
Premier Cat

What a lucky kitty!
He's gorgeous!
As for his previous family, all I can do is shake my head. I will never,ever fathom some people's attitudes towards their pets. Just don't get it. Thank God, Rajah had you and the outcome is a happy one.

Victoria
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM
Premier Cat

Thank you for welcoming this wonderful man into your heart.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook
What a lucky kitty!
He's gorgeous!
As for his previous family, all I can do is shake my head. I will never,ever fathom some people's attitudes towards their pets. Just don't get it. Thank God, Rajah had you and the outcome is a happy one.
I think he had a worse time with his "family" than I had thought. He had pooped outside the litterbox sometime during the night which to me isn't a big deal. But it seems like they used to hurt him when he did that. When he noticed I was cleaning it up he started cowering in the back of his cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi n Q
Hello beautiful Rajah! I think he's hit the jackpot with you. You'll have him healthy and shining in no time!
I sure hope so! His fur is so rough looking. Hopefully some all-you-can-eat food will help with that.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by furryfriends251
I think he had a worse time with his "family" than I had thought. He had pooped outside the litterbox sometime during the night which to me isn't a big deal. But it seems like they used to hurt him when he did that. When he noticed I was cleaning it up he started cowering in the back of his cage
Oh! Poor kitty!

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Cat

Rajah is beautiful! Can I ask why she is kept in a cage? Just curious, that's all.

I know you will provide a better life for Rajah. So sad to hear that after 15 years, people can just "let go" of their animals because they aren't 'cute enough' or 'kitten-like.'

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page