Introducing My Little Angel & My Little Devil - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Introducing My Little Angel & My Little Devil

Hi: I joined a few days ago and would like you to meet my litte angel (Muffin) and my little devil (Abby). That probably says it all. Muffin was one year old last week. She is a ragdoll, and she truly is an angel...very gentle and quiet (meows once every 2 months!) and so well-behaved around the house. She has the most beautiful blue eyes. Alas, Muffin does not like to cuddle and wants ZERO to do with my lap. She is also very timid and nervous around other animals and people (other than me).

Abby is a ragdoll/persian mix. She is now 9 mths old and is the complete opposite of Muffin. Abby likes to chat. I have nicknamed her Squeaky. She squeaks when she wants to play, when she wants to sit on my lap, when she no longer wants to sit on my lap, when she just feels like talking...you get the picture. She's into everything, although she's not destructive...just curious. She's a little cuddlebug, a bundle of energy and a lot of fun. She like to boss Muffin around. Abby is very tiny, and my vet believes she will be about 4-5 lbs full grown. Muffin won't be fully grown until she's about 4. She is expected to be a gentle giant, at around 15-16 lbs. We shall see who the boss is then!

I adopted Abby when she was 10 weeks old, at which time Muffin was 5 months. It was a long, slow introduction (took about 4 months before they no longer needed constant supervision), because Muffin is so timid. But they are now best friends, and you never see one without the other. The pictures below show them from when I first adopted them to about 2 months ago. Current pics are in my signature.

First, Muffin:

Next, Abby:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Introducing My Little Angel & My Little Devil

Muffin is absolutely gorgeous! Love the blue eyes.

But you gotta love adorable Abby, the cute little devil, too! I also call Cleo "Squeaky" because that's how she sounds when she talks, which she does a lot!

What beautiful girls, I'm so glad they became friends.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks, Marie. I too am so glad they became friends. The situation was so bad I had to involve an animal behaviorist, who said there was only a 50-50 chance that they would ever get along, even with his recommended training program. He thought it was just as likely that Muffin would need to be in a single-cat home, because she is so timid. I was heartbroken, because I couldn't bear to part with either one of them. I was so very happy when his training/conditioning program worked, even though it required a lot of work and patience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Cinderella and Cleo never became friends, but at least they didn't fight. Fenemies was the best they could do.

You may become our "go-to" person with difficult introductions! Good for you for not giving up.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Premier Cat

Your girls are stunning.

I bow to your abilities for introducing 2 difficult females. I failed to be able to do it, so one had to be rehomed and it still bothers me a year later. Might as well start typing up your story now, we will all want to hear it.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Cat

Stunning girls, they both look absolutely adorable!

Gizmo doesn't squeak, but he is talkative, everytime you call him he meows like there's no tomorrow lol.

I'm glad to see they became friends.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 10:44 AM
Cat Addict

I have a laid back raggie who's not a lap cat but loves to be held and has to be next to me all the time. My other cat is a hyperactive siamese sho is now the raggies frenemie. They do a lot of mutual groomin but when the siamese wants to play the raggie gets the brunt of it.

What did you behaviorist do?

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Hi All: Thanks for the warm welcome.

To Leazie, Dave and others interested in reading my "introduction" story and the program recommended by the behaviorist, see the current ongoing thread entitled "Need Help w/Problematic Cat Introduction". This thread was started by NewRescueDad, who recently adopted three new rescues and is having trouble introducing one (a fearful cat) to the other two. I have been trying to help by telling my story, and he's updating us on his progress. We have one problem though. One of us has done something that has caused pg 2 of the thread to widen to two screens, such that we need to scroll back and forth to read the posts, which is a pain. Because we're both newbies here, neither of us know how to fix it. Can one of the moderators fix this...or can any of the more experienced posters tell us how we can fix it. That would be much appreciated!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Cat Addict

Thanks I'll go there

The last time people tried to elimate free roaming cats it resulted in The Black Plague.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Banned

Beautiful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page