Fern loves her daddy.... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Fern loves her daddy....

I haven't had a lot of time to visit CF lately, but I just had to share these pics I took today of Fern snuggling with my hubby:

Fern: "Daddy, I love you!"

Fern: "Mom, get away! He's mine!"

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Fern loves her daddy....

Hallo sweet kitteh! *waves*

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Cat Addict

AWE! SOOOO CUTE!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Cat

When Powdie was young she was solely Daddy's Girl even tho mommy did all the feeding and litter box duties. She would stand on his lap, put her paw on his shoulder, and glare over at my like, "MINE. MY Daddy. You stay away."

As she was an only cat at that time, this was a problem!

She didn't warm up to me until she was probably 5 or 6 years old and he spent 2 summers off doing field research (one year in paleobotany and one year in ecology). Well, after daddy ABANDONED her like that, and mommy gave her lots of extra cuddles while she missed him, she decided mommy was pretty OK too. Now that she's 16 1/2 she's probably 60/40 daddy and mommy. But she and I have a special relationship too. I mound up her canned cat food twice a day because when it flattens out on the plate she has a hard time eating it.

She knows if she wants something *I'm* the person to go to because I will try harder to figure out what she wants and basically daddy's just a lazy butt.

Pauli (14) is also Daddy's Girl. When it's bedtime she stomps up and down the side of the bed, fussing at him to hurry up and get in bed so she can "power flop" against him and they can snuggle. She's a Maine Coon and she's way more demonstrative than Powdie. She purrs and trills and rolls and licks. The sun rises and sets on her daddy as far as she's concerned.

Powdie love is a quiet love. And as far as Powdie's concerned, the sun rises and sets on Her!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Cat

Awww, sweet pics!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Premier Cat

Aww, there is nothing better than Daddy lovin'.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgesMom

When Powdie was young she was solely Daddy's Girl even tho mommy did all the feeding and litter box duties. She would stand on his lap, put her paw on his shoulder, and glare over at my like, "MINE. MY Daddy. You stay away."

As she was an only cat at that time, this was a problem!

She didn't warm up to me until she was probably 5 or 6 years old and he spent 2 summers off doing field research (one year in paleobotany and one year in ecology). Well, after daddy ABANDONED her like that, and mommy gave her lots of extra cuddles while she missed him, she decided mommy was pretty OK too. Now that she's 16 1/2 she's probably 60/40 daddy and mommy. But she and I have a special relationship too. I mound up her canned cat food twice a day because when it flattens out on the plate she has a hard time eating it.
Aww, that sounds just like Fern! She is totally Daddy's girl unless Daddy isn't there, and then she'll consent to lay on me, but I don't get anywhere NEAR the whole-body purrs that he gets! In the evening when we watch the news we tend to sit in the same spots, and if we switch she gets mad and lets us know it! She'll walk up my legs from the table and then stop when she suddenly realizes it's me, then look over at my hubby on the couch and meow at him, then walk back down my legs to sit on the table scolding both of us for being in the wrong chairs! She'll eventually go sit on him anyway, but she'll scold him quite soundly first!

~Diana, happy mom to Fern and Fergie
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 07:37 PM
Super Moderator

Such adorable pictures.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010, 05:05 PM
P&R
Tom Cat

That's just adorable!

Mommy to Justice, Emily & Isabella (humans), Scarlett & Sasha (doggies)and Rosalie & Zoey (kitties).
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Premier Cat

Nothing cuter than your cat snuggling with your significant other, is there? Murphy gets on my husband's lap much more than mine, which is okay because then I can watch them. He only kneads me, though.

Holly and Murphy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page