PLEASE HELP!! I miss my kitty :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

PLEASE HELP!! I miss my kitty :(

Hi! I was recently a new cat owner but had to give my cat away because my mom was allergic. I really loved her and plan on having a cat when I move out and I plan of having the same type of cat. But I don't know what breed my cat was!! I was wondering if you guys could tell by looking at a picture of her?

http://tinypic.com/r/zt91m9/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2qk71ms/6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Cat

Re: PLEASE HELP!! I miss my kitty :(

I'm sorry you had to give your cat up. My "non allergic" parents were hardliners on the no pet front, so I had to wait too. You might want to try pasting the photo in your post - you might get a response. I'd suggest you look in a cat book or magazine or online cat associations to try to spot your kitty. You can also read up on the breed descriptions to see if the temperment was the same as your kitty.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Kitten

It is really hard to tell by the pictures. Are you sure she was a purebred cat? It kinda looks like her nose is slightly shorter than a regular domestic cat. Is that correct? If so, I'd say she was a mix of domestic longhair and persian or scottish fold (those are the only two cat breeds I know of with compressed muzzle).

The best cats that ever owned me, I rescued from the shelter. So at least keep that as an option. They all have different personalities anyway. Most shelters allow you to keep the cat for a week to make sure you're a good match too. And rescue cats are waaaay cheaper than a purebred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Premier Cat

I *know* I've already seen these pics AND answered your breed question ... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=68513

Quote:
Oh, she was pretty! She reminds me of a 'breed', but I'll be *darned* if I can remember the name! Did she have a short muzzle, like the Persian cats ... but also had a shorter hair coat, very different from the long-haired Persians? I *think* the breed may have been called "Exotic" or "Exotic Shorthair". I'll have to search.

Okay! There IS a breed called Exotic Shorthair. Here is a link to the Cat Fancier's Association info about the breed: http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/exotic.html

It looks like they come in all colors:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page