New pics of Sammy and Meeka - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:22 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

New pics of Sammy and Meeka

Just some new photos of Samson and Meeka.. They're a little blurry 'cos they're from my phone.

Sharing the new scratching post, we bought this one just before we moved as we can't have the huge cat tree here and we wanted something nicer than the old smaller one we had. I love that the top of this one is big enough for them to share.

It's getting colder and colder here and this is one of them snuggling on our bed. I covered them up with their blanket and they were happy to stay there and watch me get ready for work in the cold while they were nice and cosy!! What a life they have.

Bec

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Re: New pics of Sammy and Meeka

Such beautiful cats, I love buddy pictures.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Thanks Marie. Sammy isn't a 'pretty' cat but I wouldn't swap him for the world. On the other hand, I do believe Meeka is just as pretty as your gorgeous girls! Hehe

I love seeing them snuggled up together like that, I take so many photos of them snuggling!

Bec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Oh, I LOVE Samson! I just adore orange boys and I'll probably never have one, so I live through everyone here who does. I fell in love with a huge lovebug named Peanut when I was volunteering at Petsmart in the cattery. Someone came in and saw me falling all over him and adopted him right away.

I saw this recently:

Seven Reasons To Adopt Orange Cats:

1. They boost your self-esteem. Unlike any other cat, orange males seem to thrive on the very existence of their family. They also have a tendency to gaze at their humans lovingly.

2. Most cats hate the thought of too much human-time and plan their day accordingly. This is not the case for the orange male, for at times, they seem more like a dog than cat. They love to sit on your lap and are content as long as you are sitting near them and petting their fur.

3. Goofiness is a trait that orange cats are well-known for. It seems like they enjoy hearing their humans laugh. Whether its running around crazily or just acting like a clutz, they love to make sure you are happy.

4. Typical cats could care less when you walk in the door-if anything, it makes them unhappy to know that their independence is now thwarted for the rest of the day. Unlike this typical "I don't care about you" personality, orange cats are enthusiastic to see you at the end of the day. Most likely, they will sprint to the door to greet you.

5. Like most cats, orange cats are litter trained in a blink of an eye (unlike puppies and other pets!).

6. Did I mention that they love to sit on your lap and get attention from you?

7. Because of their extreme friendliness, they will easily fit into the routine of your home-no matter the other pets.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:15 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Most of that is pretty spot on for him! I was actually going to adopt his sister (I first met them @ 2 days old) but while visiting every couple of weeks, I decided when he was 4 weeks old he was the one I wanted - He was so much more affectionate and slept happily on my lap for hours. I was in love! Here's a pic from that very day. It killed me leaving him there for another 4 weeks!

Every single night within 30 seconds of us getting in bed, there he is, on top of us purring and kneading on us ready to snuggle in on top of one of us for the night. Then there's the wake up love you get through the night, he loves to knead our faces while we sleep. lol. The loving looks? YEP! It actually freaks me out sometimes 'cos it's kinda creepy hahaha. And he's accepted every other pet I've ever brought into the house, from rats and rabbits, other cats of various ages/sexes and even small dogs. In his old (he's almost 5!) age, he's not AS friendly towards all animals, it really depends on how the other animal reacts to him first. He never used to hiss or growl but he will now if the other animal isn't friendly towards him. He's currently sitting on the cushion next to me. I always tell him not to tell Meeka that I think he's the bestest cat in the world. Hehe

Bec

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

OMGosh! What an adorable baby picture!

Meeka is beautiful, she does look like Cleo.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Cat

How adorable!! I'm a big fan of orange kitties!

Marie I totally agree with what you posted on orange kitties except for cats not greeting you at the door. Widget would always wait for me at the door just to say hi. Jinx would do it because he was jealous that Widget got more attention. Now all they care about is the fact that treat time happens when I come home, especially Fred. Haha
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Cool Cat

awwww Great photos!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by love.my.cats
Thanks Marie. Sammy isn't a 'pretty' cat but I wouldn't swap him for the world. On the other hand, I do believe Meeka is just as pretty as your gorgeous girls! Hehe

I love seeing them snuggled up together like that, I take so many photos of them snuggling!
What are you talking about?? He is beautiful!!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Aww, thank you

Bec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page