Photo's of my cats, and some questions ;). - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Photo's of my cats, and some questions ;).

Hi there, those are my cats:

1.Stewie (Male).

2.Misty (Female).

3.Both.

Questions : 1. The Guy that i got them from told me that they are Siamese, are they ?
2. They are 3 and a half months old they have there 2nd Vaccine and the vet said that they are pretty healthy in general now though they have ringworms and flu 1-2 months ago, my question is is there anything i can do to prevent that they do get sick again ?
3. when these kind of cats start breeding and is there any risks or thing i need to know before they start breeding ??

tnx in advance, and i like to hear your thinking and feelings abot them .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Senior Cat

Re: Photo's of my cats, and some questions ;).

First things first, they're adorable! It's hard to say without paperwork, but these two have siamese/balinese potential. He looks to be flame pointed and she looks lilac/blue pointed. I don;t think Siamese come in flame point so that might rule him out. Javanese do come in flame point. Their head shape seems to indicate tradional/applehead rather than modern/wedge head. I think it's likely that these guys has some siamese in them but are not likely purebred. That doesn't mean they aren't adorable and lovable At 3 1/2 months they are probalbly getting close to being able to breed. But why breed if you can't provide pedigree? It also looks like they are litter mates so breeding them would be a very bad idea.

Just one man's opinion
Kyle
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Tom Cat

Your kittens are mixed breed with Siamese markings. The male clearly has some Persian ancestor judging from his short nose.
As they continue to grow and thrive, they will get stronger and have less diseases. If you breed them, since neither is purebred, you will probably get a mix of kittens including the strong possibility of some long haired ones. I'm hoping you'll neuter them because we already have far too many homeless cats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:59 AM
Kitten

They are adorable! I love Stewie's eyes- so expressive.

Children: Annie 13, Luke 11 and Keegan (almost) 4
Cat babies: Cookie, Goldman, Mortimer, Dexter and Manny
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Premier Cat

You would be unable to call them "Siamese" as a breed. You could 'describe' them as having Siamese, or pointed, markings, but due to the flame-point and his exotic face, he should be described as "Colorpoint" instead of 'Siamese'.
I also agree about not breeding these kittens together. Stewie appears to have a strong "bow" to his hind legs, making them bowlegged; bowlegs is a major conformation defect. Responsible breeding's premise is to improve the conformation of each successive cat by breeding only the best to the best and documenting it. Responsible breeders do not begin a breeding program by breeding obvious (bowlegs) faults. Having rescued, tamed and socialized kittens for public adoption, it is people who allow their cats to breed indiscriminately that keep me busy, rescues slap-full and pounds/kill-shelters in the euth-ing business. Please spay and neuter, I would LOVE you for it!
BTW, Stewie looks like he wasn't too sure about walking on the grass!
heidi =^..^=

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

he was sure about walking on grass believe me he just been planning to strike on poor Misty shes suffering a lot from him , and for the breeding thing i think u understand me wrong, i mean they are always together and i cant give up on 1 of them so when should i expect new kittens if any at all ?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

If you don't want to separate them, get them fixed on the same day.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBoy
... i cant give up on 1 of them so when should i expect new kittens if any at all ?
I would not breed them AT ALL and have them spayed/neutered before they reach 6mo of age.

They are not papered, registered or certified-free of any genetic issues and already exhibit obvious physical faults. Going into breeding 'blind' like it appears you are doing, is just not a good thing. A responsible breeder already *knows* what a cat's gestation would be, about what age both genders become sexually active, housing requirements for two unaltered animals of opposite genders, queening requirements and supplies and the ability to recognize the need for veterinary intervention, if necessary, and provide for it.

In addition, just because the male cat *can* breed and the female cat *does* come into season at young ages ... it does NOT mean it is okay for them to be bred at those early ages. Female cats should ideally be *at least* 18-24mo old *before* they are bred. This ensures complete development for the cat so it isn't bred too young where its' body is still trying to grow to adulthood AND grow a litter of kittens. Cats bred too young *starve* and *cannibalize* their bodies, stunting their own growth, to nurture the growing litter. In addition, the female cat's pelvis has not completed growing and birthing a litter too young can result in kits getting stuck over the pelvic arch, resulting in death (kits and queen) or emergency C-section surgery.

Finally, unless your home and property are set up as a cattery with the ability to securely keep the stud away from the queen and out of sight, sound and smell of each other during non-breeding heat cycles ... I feel it is cruel to keep them sexually entire and try to keep them apart during mating times when the female comes into season. They won't understand *why* their bodies are demanding they do the things they would be doing; calling, rolling, roaming, spraying ... they will just *do* them and be repeatedly frustrated when they cycle in and out of season and are unable to satisfy the hormones and their instinct to breed. Spaying and neutering remove those hormone cycles and their frustration-factor in addition to completely removing the possibility of specific reproductive cancers. For female cats, every heat-season they cycle through increases their odds of developing reproductive cancers.

Please reconsider breeding these kittens and have them spayed/neutered? Please?
If you are dead-set on breeding, I feel I would be remiss in advising you on an online forum and can only urge you to seek medical advise from a trusted veterinarian after they have examined both cats for reproductive health.
heidi

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Tom Cat

Your kitties are way too cute!

As for your breeding question, I agree with the other posts. But to answer your question - "What are the risks of breeding", your main risk is, a litter full of kittens that no one will want. So if you have intentions on breeding them, you'll have to be financially prepared to feed/provide vet care to an additional 5-6 cats for up to 20 years if you are unable to find homes for them.

These cats are not purebred Siamese, so no one would pay you for a kitten without purebred paperwork, when they can just get a kitten for free. Free cats are a dime a dozen, and the world is already so over populated with cats that healthy kittens are being euthanized. So breeding them, especially without a breeders license, is just pointless. Especially since they appear to be brother and sister, so you're risking birth defects.

If you were asking because you don't want the risk of her getting pregnant, cats can get pregnant as young as 5 or 6 months, depending on the cat. I got male/female kittens together, and had them fixed at 4 months to prevent the risk of her getting pregnant.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

There are very many risks with a cat getting pregnant at a young age.

You will need to be prepared to spend hundreds of dollars if she has complications during the pregnancy and/or birth.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page