Rocky J. Littlecat: Then and Now - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Rocky J. Littlecat: Then and Now

Rocky was an abandoned kitten-not sure by who, but he was found alone between two buildings at a local high school. He was very sickly and extremely tiny and scrawny. His head shook continuously and he fell over and walked in circles whenever he was set down on the floor. We did not know his age, but he looked like a 4 week old head on a 2 week old body. He did not respond to stimulation for elimination and knew how to use a litterbox-which we thought totally bizarre for his possible age.

We fed him goat milk among other things, to get him on his feet, and he responded wonderfully. It took about 3 weeks for the head shaking to go away. His eyes were glued shut with crust and pus when he arrived. He went to vet and got antibiotics to take orally as well as drops. The eyes had a haze over them for a few days but then they became very clear and he stopped getting crusties. He used to be very poor at balancing, etc, we believe because of muscle atrophy and starvation. The vet at first told us he might have Cerebullar Hyperplasia, but since everything has improved with his strengthening, I think it was just his condition due to his unfortunate circumstances, whatever they might have been, before he was given to us.
He now enjoys a raw diet, wrestles with his five adopted brothers and one adopted big sister, sleeps pretty much wherever he wants and charms us every time we see him. He knows his name and is the most affectionate kitty I have known so far. His markings were faint at first, but now are becoming much clearer. I don't have a good picture of them but he has the same markings as a Mau.

Rocky is a permanent member of our household now, but he has won the hearts of a couple of friends already who have asked about his availability, and I'm not surprised in the least.

Rocky when he first came to us on 5/14/10. Note the blurred head-because it would not stop shaking, poor little guy:

Rocky as of 6/28/10. No head shaking whatsoever. Jumping, climbing, playing with all his adopted brothers and sisters, but here, lounging and being adorable and sweet:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Cat

Re: Rocky J. Littlecat: Then and Now

Umm... it may be just me, but the picture didn't show up.

But I did see the picture of Chunky and Rocky in your other post and it is just so sweet. Rocky is such an adorable little orange boy!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceyKP
Umm... it may be just me, but the picture didn't show up.

But I did see the picture of Chunky and Rocky in your other post and it is just so sweet. Rocky is such an adorable little orange boy!
Hopefully that did the trick! Sorry about that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Jr. Cat

Oh wow, what a difference!! You did a great job with the little guy!! Hats off for taking this little guy in and helping him to recovery!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page