Mac, Leo and Graylord - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-03-2010, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Mac, Leo and Graylord

Here are my three babies

Mac: I had Mac since 1998 when we found him at a Mcdonalds, someone had abandoned him. He was an amazing cat, with more personality than any person or animal I've ever met. He didn't meow, instead he grunted like a seal xD Sometimes we would have conversations that last over 20 minutes, and I knew he understood every word I said. Mac passed away on June 29th due to CRF, he didn't suffer, and lasted to a great age of 19. (He could have been 20-21 even, we didn't know his exact age.) I know he's in a peaceful place now and he isn't suffering, but I still miss him and will always love him.

Such a handsome Devil, looks good for 19 doesn't he?:

Graylord: This annoying little bundle of fur is 8 years old, and I believe he has multiple personality disorder. Before I explain, I first got Graylord in 2002, when he was about 6 months old. (We adopted him from a friend of my moms because he was humping his sister....) Now Graylord is a peculiar cat, he can be as sweet as honey and usually is, but on occasion (usually in the morning) he becomes quite evil. Sometimes it will be knocking my phone and ipod of my dresser, sometimes he'll bite my face in my sleep. He'll go so far as to knock every single thing off ever surface in my room, usually so I'll wake up and play/feed him. Eh I still love him though xD

Here is the evil cat: (His eyes look weird because I tried to edit the red-eye)

Graylord in my baby hat, (He's hating it):

Leo: This is the baby of the Family, Leo, he'll be 6 on Halloween. I first saw Leo one night in 2005 when I went down to pick up a pizza I ordered from outside my apartment building. Once I got the Pizza, the delivery guy noticed a small cat searching for food. He was about 6 months old at the time, and was extremely skinny and underfed. He asked me if I knew this cat and I said no, but realized that this cat obviously didn't have an owner. I left the Pizza downstairs because I obviously couldn't carry both that and the cat, and brought the unnamed cat upstairs. I gave him some chicken, and frantically left my mom messages on her cellphone about him, (she was on a date and it took me 30 missed calls for her to call me back - -") At first he was called Hercules for about a week, and then I realized his eyes looked like the African Savannah, and I named him Leo and a lion. Leo was a pretty wild cat, you can see his torn up ear in one of the photos, but eventually he became quite a housecat, and is know fatter than ever.

Such a Ladies Man

Lazy:

By the way, can anyone tell me what type of cat Leo is? He has plenty of spots and marks on his underbelly, and I believe he may be part Oci-Cat. Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Babies
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Rest in Peace Mac, I'll always love you!

"If man could be crossed with the cat, it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 12:46 PM
P&R
Tom Cat

Re: Mac, Leo and Graylord

They're beautiful! Sorry to hear about Mac's passing.

Mommy to Justice, Emily & Isabella (humans), Scarlett & Sasha (doggies)and Rosalie & Zoey (kitties).
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-04-2010, 02:35 PM
Premier Cat

Re: Mac, Leo and Graylord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierce
By the way, can anyone tell me what type of cat Leo is? He has plenty of spots and marks on his underbelly, and I believe he may be part Oci-Cat. Thanks!
Your kitties are lovely.
Without registration certificates documenting lineage, cats are just 'cats'. Some characteristics are easily recognizeable, like the Oriental body-shape, Siamese points and Persian smush-faces but generally, even many of these cats may just have a lucky coincidence of genetic combinations.

Mac was a Black-based cat with White Spotting and no Agouti gene.
Graylord is a Black-based cat with White Spotting and because his tabby pattern is readily visible, he *does* have Agouti. He is also homozygous for the recessive dense gene which causes his base-coat to be a lighter dilute color (blue - gray).
Leo is a Red-based cat who may or may not have Agouti. Agouti only visibly expresses on black-based coats but the red cat will almost always show their tabby pattern. It is harder to determine in long-haired red cats. Leo is definitely homozygous for the recessive dense gene, which causes his base-coat to be a lighter dilute color (cream). Red cats also commonly develop freckles on the skin around their ears, eyes, lips, mouth and nose.
ALL cats are tabby cats, carrying versions of Abyssinian ticking (rare-ish), Classic blotched (fairly common) or Mackerel stripes, broken stripes or spots (very common). Gray and Leo look to be Mackerels.

All tabby cats have spots and markings on their bellies unless those markings are obscured by white markings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page