And A New Kitten Makes Four - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
NRD
Tom Cat

And A New Kitten Makes Four

Vowed I wouldn't, but I located another rescue Havana Brown mix and couldn't help myself. He was impounded in a high-kill shelter at two weeks as a stray, bottle fed, saved by a foster, now is with me as of Wednesday. He's about 16 weeks now. Hershey, my other Havana, is curious as all get-out about him, as he's closed off in his safe room but sticks his paws through. My other two--Blizzy, a bit put off--and Snowball, surprisingly, no reaction so far, though they clearly know the scent is all over me.

Only one decent pic so far, here it is:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Cool Cat

aww- he's beautiful I have two kittens right now (which is a lot seeing as I just started my first full-time job), but when I become a *millionaire* I will have a hard time resisting the kitties!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Cat

He's precious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Cool Cat

Go ahead. Don't worry about it. Make me jealous.Lucky you.

JusJim
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:44 AM
Cat Addict

What a cutie! Look at that face!

Rachael with Thurston, Sully and Ninja.

Puzzles and Tyler, Gone but never forgotten
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
NRD
Tom Cat

Thanks, everyone. He is just a joy, so happy, a purr machine, he loves wet food, uses his paws like Havanas do, jumps up on me all the time. He's so small! Weighs 2.9 pounds--I took him to the vet, who gave him a rabies shot. He's just four months old today. Today I let Hershey, my other Havana Brown mix, into the room to meet him in person. They got along great, lots of nosies and butt sniffs, though Hersh doesn't know quite what to make of him yet. I've powered up my digital camera to try to get some good pics on Sunday to share.

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
NRD
Tom Cat

Sorry to come back so late, but I finally got a couple more decent photos of Little Hersh. One makes my heart melt, why I got him, the other is a little "sniffing" by Hersh of Little Hersh, not the best quality, I know. By the way, I'm stymied in coming up with a "better" name for LIttle Hersh. I want something that is a play on chocolate and on the fact we had a power failure for the two days before I got him. I like chocolate Powerbars but can't figure out how to make that into a good kitty name, so suggestions are welcome.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Oh, my! I'm in love!

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Jr. Cat

Oh my gosh.. that first picture makes me want to steal him! Those eyes!

The only chocolate related names I can think of are Brownie, Kahlua, Cocoa, Ganache.. or there is Amaretto which fits in the brown category. I'll try to think of some more, but I bet others will have good suggestions, too!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

He's the cutest little chocolate Nugget!!!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page