Adopted White Kitten ^.^ - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Adopted White Kitten ^.^

I just adopted this little guy on thursday. His brother had snowshoe markings and the blue eyes. He is white with cream ears and a cream striped tail. Do you think his markings will change later or do you think he will stay mostly white? He also has the really light blue eyes, so he looks almost albino in all his pics cause the flash. I'm going to try and get better ones when I can get some natural sunlight in the house. It's been so gloomy outside the last few days. Anyways here is the pics, he doesn't have a name yet so any suggestions would be appreciated:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Kitten

She's so adorable! She looks like a little toasted marshmallow, actually. xD Maybe Marshmallow? Or just Mallow?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Jr. Cat

He so pretty! I love his markings. I want him!! Name him Julius (like the orange Julius drink).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Cool Cat

Oh my goodness! He's adorable and those markings are so cool!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 02:07 PM
Kitten

Congrats! He is soooo cute, I believe he will stay light.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Premier Cat

He's a beautiful little colorpoint! Because he is red-based, he will probably always be light in color, even his eyes. You described him as cream, but in most of the pics his markings look darker orange. ....but I know my camera will make my cream cat look orange.... If he is a cream, he'll stay pale. If he is a fully dense red he may darken up a bit as he matures.
I do not have extensive experience with the colorpoint kitties so maybe someone who does have the experience will have a better answer for you.
heidi =^..^=

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

I'm not good with correct colors. Now that you mention it his tail and ears do appear more orange in color than cream though. Whatever color he ends up being is fine with me... I was just curious more than anything

I feel bad cause I'm keeping him in a separate room for at least a week in case he were to have ringworm or anything. I adopted him from the humane society and they did find one flea on him, but they treated him, and I haven't found any more. I'm taking him for a vet checkup next week so he can be looked over but he appears to be healthy.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
If there's Siamese blood in his heritage, he will get flame points on his tail and paws. He's such a cutie!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

Look at that face!

I have a friend with a cat named Julius, but she calls him JuJu.

What do Sookie and Jaxon think of him?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Premier Cat

What a beautiful kitten! Congratulations on your new addition.

I wouldnt keep him separate. Ringworm can show up even a month later. I would maybe give him a ringworm bath and hope for the best. Use Malaseb Shampo. Vets sell it and you can find it on line. I personally hate lime dips. I think they are toxic.

Do they know who the mother was? Siamese? If so his points will darken.

I love the name Sookie. I just named one of my rescues that! I love the Sookie Stackhouse series! Sookie was a girl though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page