Pumpkin and Simone (long post + pics) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Pumpkin and Simone (long post + pics)

I've been a member here for a couple weeks now, but I've neglected this post... So, meet my kitties

I got my first kitten on Good Friday of this year. My sister and I went to the local no-kill shelter to play with a litter of 6-week old kittens. After a couple of hours, I decided on the girl that my sister called "a little bear." Pumpkin, my kitten's name, liked to stand on her hind legs with her front paws up in the air before pouncing (it was more like falling over at that age-lol). She was also the spunkiest of her litter; her orange tabby brother and Pumpkin would take turns climbing up the side of the cage to jump on the others' back. Their other two sisters just tried to stay out of the way...

Pumpkin is the torbie kitten:

Little did I know that between Pumpkin's extra "spunk" and her being adopted out so early, she would start out with a lot of behavior problems. We went through a major biting and scratching phase, and my flatmate and I have the scars to prove it! The only thing that seemed to help alleviate her behaviors was spending time with another cat when I cat-sat for a friend.

This is a picture of Pumpkin "worshiping" her friend Yoshi.

So, over the next month and a half my flatmate and I tried out some other cats from the same shelter (they offer trial-adoptions). Pumpkin just did not get along with the females whether they were a young adult or kitten, and we sort of gave up for a couple weeks. I went back to the shelter one day to help a friend pick out a cat, and got distracted by the kittens- hey who doesn't I fell in love with a very skittish 8 week old boy. He was a medium hair white boy with cream 5-point coloring and gorgeous blue eyes. I decided I was going to make this work!!

Simone after he first came home (in his sister's pink carrier):

Luckily, Simone and Pumpkin instantly took to each other. Simone had to warm up to me rather than Pumpkin!! He is still a little skittish, but Pumpkin has taught him to be very playful. I am also learning that he is a little piggy! Here are some bonus pictures:

The kittens gang up on me for treats...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Adorable! I love Simone's tail and Pumpkin's stripes.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

me too-they kinda match in a weird opposites way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Jr. Cat

Adorable!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

thanks

Des- actually my kittens LOVE each other- they have ever since I let them be together (I cooped Simone up for a week, and then Pumpkin the next after spaying). I think it helped that they would play through the crack in my kitchen door- Pumpkin likes to slide mice back and forth under the door. I rarely see them in separate rooms!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Jr. Cat

They are so precious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page