My Kids - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:33 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

My Kids

I've posted a bio of these two in the intro thread, but no pics there.

So, here goes. Buddy is over a year, probably close to two. His name reflect his personality. He follows me every where. He was born in a high kill shelter and brought to the northern Virgina area through a rescue agency. He contracted an eye infection in the shelter and lost an eye to it. I adopted him six months ago. He is happy and healthy these days and the lack of an eye hasn't slowed him down in the least.

Sassy lived in a feral colony. She had been trapped, fixed and released (judging by her clipped ear). However, she kept wondering into a grocery store in Washington DC, where the rescue group I adopted her from found and caught her. She escaped from one foster home before being placed with a foster who worked with ferals.. Buddy was her foster-brother.

I was in the process of adopting Buddy after my room mate moved out with her three year old cat. Pokey, my lifelong love and companion was still alive at this point. While I was in college, he and I lived with my mom and her two cats. And then there was my roommate's cat. He hadn't been an only cat for a while and I thought it was best that he have a companion. He had health issues and I had to put him down with CRF mid-way through the adoption of Buddy. The first time I meet Buddy, he was brought here to see how he would interact with Pokey.

Pokey's health took a turn for the worse and I made the decision to put him down, but I decided to adopt Buddy anyway. And then I meet his foster sister, Sassy. For a cat who lived most of her life in a feral colony, she had come a long way. I loved her immediately. And with a lot of love and patience, she's come even further, hopefully with more to come. She is the sweetheart, do-no-wrong cat, compared to her "get into everything" brother. I haven't had them 6 months and she is already becoming a lap cat that begs to be picked up.

Sassy

They are so different, but they love each other. And they are the loves of my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Buddy and Sassy are adorable! Sounds like you adopted two cats who reallly needed you and each other.

I'm so sorry about Pokey.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 12:43 AM
Jr. Cat

That is such a sweet story!! thanks for sharing! and i should add VERY CUTE!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 04:29 AM
Premier Cat

I am sorry about Pokey.

Buddy and Sassy are handsome and pretty kitties. How wonderful that you adopted them together.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Tom Cat

Your cats are beautiful. Do you have a problem with white fur everywhere, and I mean everywhere? That's the problem I with have with Razzle, but I'd put up with it the rest of my life if my Razzle would live as long as I lived. Sorry about Pokey. My cats have CRF too. I know what you mean by them being the loves of your life. My cats are too

Kathy
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Thanks, everyone. Pokey was a great cat and I miss him dearly, but it worked out. I think he was meant to go and Sassy was meant to come into my life.

And Razzle, yes I do! All over my bed, all over my chairs, my clothes...you get the idea. This with a bi-weekly brushing, too. I have one chair that is blue that shows both the white and the black and it amazes me each week when I vacuum it how much there is. They both love that chair, so one or the other is always in it. And it shows!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Cool Cat

beautiful kitties
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Premier Cat

Hi from another DC area person! Your kitties are beautiful and I loved reading your stories about adopting them.

Holly and Murphy
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Senior Cat

They are both beautiful! Great saves!! Sorry about Pokey. I'm sure he is comforted knowing you are not without the company of a cat (or two!)
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Cool Cat

Good on you for adopting both of them. I bet they're glad you came along! Sorry to hear about Pokey

Bec

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page