Three's a charm! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Talking Three's a charm!

Hey everyone, I'd like to introduce you to my three kitties.

This is my oldest cat, she's 6 years old and obviously she's a calico. Her name is Kai Bo. I think she may be a little "special" because usually she can be found staring at the wall and not responding to anyone. Although she doesn't like most people, she loves cuddling on my lap while I am studying or on the computer.

This pretty cat is Berkly, she's a 5 year old siamese. Berkly is a very needy, snuggly, prissy cat. As siamese tend to be, Berkly is extremely loud and meows just to let you know when she's jumping off of things and just when she lands. Berkly loves most people although she is kind of skittish at first, she warms up quickly. I got Berkly very young (7 weeks or even 6) so she ended up taking to Kai immediately who allowed her to "nurse" off of her. Berkly "nursing" and kai purring was a really cute sight.

Last but certainly not least is a little no-named kitten. My boyfriend and I picked her up yesterday (August 3, 2010) at a local animal shelter. We had decided to adopt one more kitten and were originally going to take a three legged kitten; however, we knew our neighbor would find a good home for her which might not be the same for a lot of the shelter kitties. After reading about black cats being the least likely to get adopted, I had my sights set on finding a cute little black kitty with a great personality. I hit the jackpot, alright!

There's the group! Currently our no-name kitten is in the laundry room being a snuggle-bug while the older cats sniff around and mostly ignore her. My siamese has been a little angry but I got her to cuddle in the bed with me for a few hours so I think she's going to be OK if we keep up with the attention. Tomorrow I'm going out to eat with my mother while my boyfriend fixes her computer. We are going to pick up a baby name book and try and figure out a name for her. I prefer human names rather than "cat" names so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Beautiful cats! Cali stares like that, too, usually in a corner.

I'm so glad you adopted the little black kitty, they're so special. Cleo is my only talker.

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 02:35 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie73 View Post
Beautiful cats! Cali stares like that, too, usually in a corner.

YES! THAT! lol

Our little black cat is such a sweetie, rolls all over your lap and snuggles real hard. She already "nudges" our hands and purrs like a little motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:45 AM
Kitten

They're all very pretty. =)
Maybe you could name the black kitten Jade. Her eyes are an intense jade-green.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:07 AM
Premier Cat

You have a lovely kitty family. Little NM is a nice addition.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:12 AM
Cat

They're all just lovely! Such nice colorings. :]
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdchicken View Post
They're all very pretty. =)
Maybe you could name the black kitten Jade. Her eyes are an intense jade-green.
Great suggestion, thank you!

Also, thanks everyone ! They are all great cats
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Two-syllable names seem to roll off the tongue a little easier. Maybe Jada (like Jada Pinkett-Smith)?

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Premier Cat

Beautiful kitties, and I love the fact that you sought out a black cat at the shelter. I've always thought that if I could adopt another one, I'd do that exact thing.

For some reason, I like the name Chelsea for a cat (and that has nothing to do with Chelsea Clinton!).

Holly and Murphy
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Senior Cat

I like Jada too.

I am getting a black kitten in 2 weeks!! Always wanted one. But it is a boy and I am naming him Binx.

Save a Life, Adopt a Pet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page