My cats photos and stories (part 1) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Smile My cats photos and stories (part 1)

Ok not really, but I wanted everyone to meet the seven kitties I share my home with. Please be warned there are quite a few photos here.

To make it fair I'll go in order of age.

Sneakers is the senior cat in the house, she's about 15. I adopted her from a friend of mine about 5 years ago. My friend's daughter had brought the cat home from someone in the neighborhood who did not want her. A family member who lives with me had lost his cat recently so I agreed to bring Sneakers home to show him. He said we could "foster" her but of course she is still here! She was overweight and in bad shape when we got her (matted) but with a good diet and care she got healthy. She is very grumpy and does not care for other cats and dogs, but ignores them most of the time.

Sneakers

Next is Church. He was a feral kitten, I first saw him in the alley and when I tried to approach he ran into the yard and was chased by my dog (my Golden Retriever who luckily had a very good 'leave it!') The other cat who was nearby (probably his mother) ran away so I brought him inside. He turned out to be about 5-6 weeks old. I never found a sign of any other kittens so he most likely was either an "only child" or the rest of the litter died. He sure acted like an "only child..."
I was planning to get him healthy, neutered and find him a home. I named him Church (Winston Churchill). I could not find anyone who wanted to adopt him so he ended up staying. This worked out well though because at the time I found him a family member had a deposit on a Maine Coon kitten from a breeder, and that kitten happened to be almost the same age as Church so (once Church was fully tested, de-wormed and nursed back to health) they were able to grow up together. When they were younger, both cats were entered in several cat shows which they did well in, and went to several movie and commercial auditions. As they got older they stopped enjoying it though and were "retired".

Here is Church when I first found him-

A bit older-

Church as an adult-

Next is Roxy. She was the Maine Coon kitten who I mentioned above. I helped find her, it took several years in the search for a Maine Coon breeder and a litter. He wanted specifically a black cat and there are not a lot of breeders of them. He visited a few breeders before we finally found Roxy's breeder. She is a solid black polydactyl Maine Coon. When Church and Roxy were kittens I used to take them on outing to visit friends, pet stores and for stroller walks which they loved (until they got too big to fit in the stroller together...)
Roxy weighs 11 pounds but she's still growing, Maine Coons grow until they are about 4-5. She'll be turning 3 on the day before Halloween.

Baby Roxy-

Adult Roxy-

Roxy and Church-

To make it easier on people who have slow internet, I'll put the rest of the cats/photos in a separate post.

Liz K

Last edited by marie73; 08-04-2010 at 06:22 PM. Reason: removed link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Premier Cat

What beautiful kitties and I love their professional shots! "Work it, work it....."

Holly and Murphy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Cat

Pretty babies & great shots! I really like Sneakers white markings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Cool Cat

these cats are very pretty too!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Banned

They are gorgeous! How in the world did you get those t-shirts on them?? LOL

I see you are a Stephen King fan! Me too - he's my favorite author!! I am actually reading a novel by his son Joe Hill right now: Heat Shaped Box. He's also very good but he's no Uncle Stevie
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Beautiful cats!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramey View Post
They are gorgeous! How in the world did you get those t-shirts on them?? LOL

I see you are a Stephen King fan! Me too - he's my favorite author!! I am actually reading a novel by his son Joe Hill right now: Heat Shaped Box. He's also very good but he's no Uncle Stevie
Yes, he's my favorite author as well! Can you pick out all the King-related names of my cats (in this and my other post)?

The t-shirts were easy, most of my cats are just fine with wearing clothes, since I sometimes put harnesses and shirts on them when they were young...
Church was actually a "kitty model" for an online cat store! He modeled the t-shirt he's wearing in that Easter eggs photo, actually. We got to keep the t-shirt.
My younger cats also were 'models' for a pet clothing company.We met them at a pet expo. The woman running it was going to start making cat clothes in addition to dog, so she asked me if she could measure my cats and send me clothes to try on them, so she could get the sizing right for the line of cat clothing. Harlequin is especially accomodating, I can put costumes on her or anything, and she doesn't mind! We won several pet costume contests last Halloween with a "pair" costume, with Harley as Little Red Riding Hood and my German Shepherd Bianca as the Big Bad Wolf! Here's a photo.

Liz K
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator

I'd be sleeping with both eyes open if I dressed my cats! Great picture!

Cali, Cinderella, Cleo and Charlee

Always in my heart, my lovely Cinderella, running free at the Bridge.
Always in my heart, my sweet Cali, running free at the Bridge.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Jr. Cat

First, gorgeous cats (all of them; this is in reply to your other post, too)!

Second, I am also a Stephen King fan and I wanted to see if I got this right for your cat's King-related names:

Church - cat from Pet Semetary
Rosalie - dog from Insomnia
Mr. Grey - alien being from Dreamcatcher
Blaze - main character from Blaze

I didn't recognize the others; did I miss some?

Anyway, again, amazing kitties!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Jr. Cat

Oh my goodness they are so gorgeous! Amazing little beauts! I too want to know the secret to the posed pictures oh and how much does that cost? *wants to do that for her kitty*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page