Asia & Zoe - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Asia & Zoe

These are my babes, Asia and Zoe. Asia is 7 y/o, and we got when she was 6 months old. She was a hellcat right from the start. I love her psycho personality. When she was little she used to come tearing into the living room, stand on her hind legs with her tail out and ears back and hop - we called it her stallion pose. She doesn't do that anymore, but when she's feeling frisky she'll do "big kitty" for us, which is where she stands on her tippy-toes, arches her back and tail with ears back just like a Halloween kitty. She's very playful, and we typically play hide and seek together. She also does jump tricks.

Zoe is 5 y/o and was about 6 weeks when we got her. She's a complete sweetheart who loves people and cries like a Siamese. She doesn't play too much; she's more interested in being held, pet and loved by her humans. She does play with her big sister Asia, though Asia sometimes doesn't want to and just hisses and runs away. Zoe doesn't get this. When we first brought her home it was HORRIBLE with Asia. I thought I had made a huge mistake. Then one day about a month or so later we came home and they were curled up together. Zoe is very persistent, and Asia finally gave in! They were always sleeping together. They don't do that anymore though.

Asia is the black and white one - the picture of her leaning on the couch is a typical pose for her. Zoe is the tabby - I've included her Great-horned owl imitation picture and her typical laid back pose.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Asia and Zoe.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1275  

Name:	Asia 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1276  

Name:	Zoe Owl.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	1277  

Name:	Asia.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1278  

Name:	Zoe.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	1279  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Premier Cat

Asia's a beautifully marked black/white bicolor, and you can just see she's a real character. I think it's great that you have such a contrast of personalities with Zoe being the sucky one. They're both lovely and obviously loved and well cared for.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:53 AM
Senior Cat

Asia looks very much like my Lucy!! Beautiful girl! Zoe is too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Premier Cat

Such cute kitties! They both look so content.

Holly and Murphy
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 07:12 AM
Cat

They're both lovely! Such cute positions they get into, .
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Cool Cat

Gorgeous cats! Pumpkin does poses too- the "bear" when she was little (running at you with her front paws in the air), and currently the "halloween" cat and "the man" (straddling the top of the couch arm rest- very un-lady like!!).
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank you!

Their personalities are so different. Asia is the dominant cat, Zoe is the pushover. They are both friendly and confident around humans, which I absolutely love. Whenever we have people over they are always in the middle of everyone. Asia is a bit more reserved with who she lets touch her, and she typically prefers guys over women (likely because she was raised by my husband), but Zoe is completely indiscriminate - she does not care who you are so long as you love her. She doesn't even mind little kids, which is nice. We don't have children, but my nieces and nephews love to see her when they come over because she's not afraid of them. And Zoe has a mouth... She is so LOUD! And she's such a teeny tiny kitty - you would never expect it. lol Asia hardly ever meows... it's so rare that when she does it I'm still not used to her vocal tones, and we've had her 7 years!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimkris View Post
Gorgeous cats! Pumpkin does poses too- the "bear" when she was little (running at you with her front paws in the air), and currently the "halloween" cat and "the man" (straddling the top of the couch arm rest- very un-lady like!!).
lol, I've never had a cat do antics before Asia - it's hilarious!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page