Cat Forum banner

Celebrating Ellie Arrival!

625 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  kittywitty 
#1 ·
So, about a week ago, I left my hamster with my friend while I went camping and when I came back I learned that it had passed away. My friend then surprised me with a brand new kitten to replace the hamster! (A perfect replacement, I would say. :D)
My parents swore that I couldn't get another cat unless I moved out, but for some reason they decided to let this kitten stay. I told my fiance that he could name her and he decided to name her Elephant, Ellie for short.

When I got her, she had a whole mess of health problems. Her ears were full of dirt and blood and gunk. Her anus was red and swollen. Her nose was purple and dry. Her nose was completely clogged with mucus and she had a hard time breathing. And her eyes had discharge. My friend had apparently obtained her from another friend's barn.
I took on the challenge of nursing her back to health. :)
We took her to the vet, got her all fixed up and now she is doing fantastically!

My other cat, Ozzee, wasn't too pleased with her when she first got here. Ozzee's had problems with other cats since he was born. (His mom abandoned him and his siblings at about 2 weeks of age, his brothers and sisters picked on him, as he got older other cats picked on him, etc.)
But now, they are getting along. (Sometimes he pins her down and will bite her neck to establish dominance. It scares me since he's so much bigger than her. I'm keeping an eye on them to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.)

So without further ado, meet Ellie:

I walked into the living room and found them like this! Ozzee (The big white thing) Ellie, and Quesi (The poodle).

PERFECT CLOSING PICTURE. :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.