Celebrating Ellie Arrival! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Celebrating Ellie Arrival!

So, about a week ago, I left my hamster with my friend while I went camping and when I came back I learned that it had passed away. My friend then surprised me with a brand new kitten to replace the hamster! (A perfect replacement, I would say. )
My parents swore that I couldn't get another cat unless I moved out, but for some reason they decided to let this kitten stay. I told my fiance that he could name her and he decided to name her Elephant, Ellie for short.

When I got her, she had a whole mess of health problems. Her ears were full of dirt and blood and gunk. Her anus was red and swollen. Her nose was purple and dry. Her nose was completely clogged with mucus and she had a hard time breathing. And her eyes had discharge. My friend had apparently obtained her from another friend's barn.
I took on the challenge of nursing her back to health.
We took her to the vet, got her all fixed up and now she is doing fantastically!

My other cat, Ozzee, wasn't too pleased with her when she first got here. Ozzee's had problems with other cats since he was born. (His mom abandoned him and his siblings at about 2 weeks of age, his brothers and sisters picked on him, as he got older other cats picked on him, etc.)
But now, they are getting along. (Sometimes he pins her down and will bite her neck to establish dominance. It scares me since he's so much bigger than her. I'm keeping an eye on them to make sure it doesn't get out of hand.)

So without further ado, meet Ellie:

I walked into the living room and found them like this! Ozzee (The big white thing) Ellie, and Quesi (The poodle).

PERFECT CLOSING PICTURE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Premier Cat

Ellie is adorable, and the picture of your fur family looks pretty darned promising

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Molly Brown December 2006- January 9, 2013
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
That last picture is so heartwarming!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Tom Cat

Looks like Ellie landed in the lap of luxury! She is a stunner!

The more people I meet the more I love my cat!

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Cat

Awe, so precious! Love the pic of the three on the chair - and too funny that Ozzee is the biggest one, lol.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 AM
Jr. Cat

I'm sorry for your hamster.
Ellie is such a cutie! I love that your fiancÚ decided to name her Elephant, may I ask for the reason behind it? It's adorable, especially because she looks like anything but an elephant! Ozzee looks massive, do you have other pics of him?

Last edited by antigone21; 08-20-2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: spelling
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Premier Cat

What a trio of cuties you have! Ellie is just adorable, and unusual to have an orange girl. You really changed her life for the better and now she's in the lap of luxury.

Holly and Murphy
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Senior Cat

oh she is super cute! Looks like you got lotsa cute furbabies, especially when they are all together! I'd like to see more pics of Ozzee too!

Sorry about your hamster.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I'll post more pictures as soon as I have time to get to the computer. I usually post from my iPhone. You guys wouldn't believe how big Ozzee really is!
And to antigone21, we named her Elephant because she has big ears. Haha. And we just thought it'd be cute.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Cool Cat

Awww, Ellie looks a little like my Little Pumpkin who is also female orange and white kitty. Congrats on your new addition. Luv the pic with Ellie, Ozzee, and Quesi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page